The Executive Assistant will provide comprehensive executive administrative support to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) and his team. The Executive Assistant ensures proactive, effective and efficient functioning of the other assigned team members, full confidentiality in all aspects of assignment, responsibilities, maintenance of procedures and follow-up on deadlines and commitments made.
• Maintain appointment schedule for CTO and multiple global team members, manage for priorities, plan and schedule large group meetings, conferences, teleconferences, training events and webinars.
• Manage schedules and deliverable items for meetings and events, including preparations of relevant materials by team members for executive responsibilities.
• Schedule meetings and conference calls with internal and external attendees while proactively balancing time zones. Set-up frequent conference calls and monitor/take minutes for calls as necessary.
• Coordinate logistics of department activities at ICANN public meetings, including CTO meetings, team meetings, meals, and other necessary requirements.
• Organize physical meetings for the executives and their teams, including booking rooms, ordering catering, supporting audio/visual needs for meeting materials and participants, note-taking and other support services as needed.
Travel / Expenses Management:
• Book travel, including lodging, flights, car service and any passport/visa requirements needed for domestic and international travel for CTO as well as other team members, as needed.
• Proactively follow-up, communicate and manage any changes to scheduled meetings.
• Troubleshoot issues related to travel such as canceled flights, hotel room extensions, and other travel-related concerns.
• Prepare and submit expense reports related to travel and other day-to-day activities in a timely manner.
• Coordinate finances, assist with budget preparation as needed, including collecting data for new fiscal year budgets, tracking current spends of team throughout the year, and accruing leftover costs into the new fiscal year at the end of previous fiscal years.
• Become the department subject matter expert and train others on various ERP software systems within the organization including time management, expense/travel management, and budget/contract management.
• Prepare documents, reports, spreadsheets and presentations as necessary, and recommend best design, layout and approach to meeting each specific need.
• Coordinate internal resources and third-party vendors for execution of projects, including submitting contracting documentation using the organization’s ERP software, tracking and processing payment of invoices, and taking necessary action for contract renewal when needed.
• Answering and directing calls to appropriate executives and parties, taking messages.
• Greeting visitors and determining access to appropriate parties.
• Oversee the administrative practices within the department; recommending changes as appropriate.
• Reading and analyzing submissions, letters, agendas, memos and determining significance; routing to appropriate personnel in a timely and efficient manner.
• Prepare reports, collect and analyze information; prepare presentations.
• Develop and utilize historical information; provide retrieval of information. Record meeting discussions and provide minutes.
• Data analysis; Proficient in Access, MS Word, Excel, Outlook. Perform filtering and sorting of data, V-lookup and other functions.
• Prepare executive responses to routine memos, letters, or correspondence.
• Maintain efficient organization of department documents and materials, while adhering to internal document management practices and policies.
• Interact with customers when appropriate and problem solve. Document complaints and develop an appropriate course of action. Report problems to executives when they cannot be resolved for attention.
• Strong follow-up skills to keep departmental deadlines on track. Proactive in supporting department leads to obtain closure on deadlines. Liaise and coordinate with staff and clients to ensure tasks are carried out and delivered in a timely manner.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Must be proactive, aware of responsibilities and anticipate administrative responsibilities in support of executives.
• Must be well organized and experienced in use of all office systems and software, with a preference for skills in Word, Excel, Outlook Adobe Professional, and PowerPoint.
• Maintains confidentiality of the most sensitive and confidential information.
• Excellent English drafting ability and communication skills, both oral and written.
• Writing and editing skills, including document formatting and creation of tables, charts and process maps.
• Professional and strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multicultural, multiethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
• Strong communication skills, and ability to communicate, coordinate and work effectively with geographically distributed staff.
• Detail-oriented and ability to multi-task and to work independently.
• Ability to solve complex issues, especially in the occasional ambiguous situation.
• Effective management of time and resources, while being punctual. The ability to be a self-starter, creative, detail oriented, flexible and pro-active member of the team.
• Maturity, humility, strong work ethic, sense of humor, “roll-up-my-sleeves” attitude, help colleagues, and ability to work flexible hours based on executive travel schedules and approaching deadlines.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
• Minimum 5 years of experience performing advanced and/or executive level administrative, secretarial, and clerical functions in a corporate environment required
• Advanced MS Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat and PowerPoint experience required
• Must have excellent communication skills including fluency in English
• Fluent written and spoken language skills in any of the other official United Nations languages are desirable, but not required
• Strong organizational, project/time management and multitasking skills