The Language Services Project Coordinator performs duties and carries out responsibilities for the distribution of Language Services projects, including maintenance of the SAMANAGE ticketing system for tickets/requests submitted, project pre-validation, and submission of material to vendors and/or internal ICANN staff. The Language Services Project Coordinator assists in the resolution of all initial queries in collaboration with the Language Services team and appropriate ICANN staff, and helps manage vendor relations and resource requirements within the established global vendor pool.
• Handles incoming Language Services requests through the SAMANAGE ticketing system.
• Creates projects and resource assignments for translation, localization, transcription, Real-Time Translation
(RTT) and Captioning/Subtitling projects.
• Verifies that all source files and material to be processed are included in the initial requests to ensure material assigned to
vendors are complete and contain no issues.
• Creates projects and resource assignments for translation projects via Trados Groupshare LMS platform.
• Validates and confirms project resources, delivery dates and other dependencies.
• Initiates projects with the various Language Services vendors and/or Language Services experts.
• Manages and tracks translation project activity via Trados Groupshare, identifies on-going project risks early,
identifies potential mitigation or resolutions, and coordinates project activities with the Language Services Management team.
• Receives completed material and delivers to original requestor or web-admin for publication and web posting (when applicable).
• Receives and distributes project queries to the corresponding Senior linguists.
• Gathers translation memories (TMs) from all Senior linguists [Review Validators] to redistribute updated DataBase to
Language Service Providers.
• Reports status updates on a daily basis to Language Services management to ensure visibility to all projects.
• Helps maintain ICANN’s terminology, glossary and language translation processes.
• Works with Language Services Technical Support and Language Services management team to release periodic quality reports on
Language Services performance metrics.
• Inputs and validates monthly service invoices for all vendors timely.
• Other duties and projects as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree in related field and a minimum of 2 years of experience.
• Excellent presentation and communication skills, both oral and written, including fluency in English.
Multilingual or bilingual preferred, with ideally one of the six UN official languages.
• Ability to travel as needed.
• Experience using MS Office Suite and proficient with Mac and PC.
• Experience with Desktop Publishing and Adobe Suite as well as InDesign.