Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We employ experts from top programs at over 500 universities, as well as technical specialists from a variety of industries. At Exponent, we look to hire intelligent and driven people who want to make an impact and grow their careers within a dynamic consulting firm. You will work together with our consultants to provide outstanding service to our clients and to achieve our vision as a pre-eminent engineering and scientific consulting firm. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.s
- 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking a Systems Support Specialist to join the IT team in our Menlo Park, CA office. In this role, you will provide desktop computer support and first-level application and network troubleshooting for users in a Microsoft Windows and Apple macOS environment. You will cover the Menlo Park and Oakland offices and will be responsible for providing your own transportation.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing hands-on and remote desktop/peripheral maintenance, including hardware and software installation, diagnostics, configuration and repair
- Responding to incoming IT requests via ticket, walk-ups, phone or email
- Tracking requests through successful resolution or escalating as necessary
- Actively communicating progress with end users
- Personnel on-boarding and off-boarding tasks, including computer preparation and account provisioning
- Coordinating equipment repairs with vendors including, but not limited to, Dell and Lenovo products
- Setting up multimedia equipment for meetings and conferences
- Training staff on IT technology and documenting process and procedures
- Leading and participating in IT related projects and process improvement efforts
- Participating in the on-call rotation
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of IT support experience in a professional services environment
- 3-4 years of Windows 10 experience in a corporate environment
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software, and mobile device issues
- Proven ability to install, troubleshoot, and maintain Microsoft Windows 10 and macOS on end user devices
- Proven knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 (Office, OneDrive, Teams) and Adobe software packages
- Experience with mobile device management (AirWatch, Intune)
- Experience with Active Directory user administration and Exchange mailbox creation
- Experience with imaging and disk partitioning solutions (SCCM, Acronis)
- Experience with endpoint backup solutions (Druva)
- Experience resolving basic network issues (DNS, DHCP, wireless, network latency)
- Experience with ServiceNow or equivalent ITSM platform
- Experience with corporate antivirus solutions (SentinelOne, System Center Endpoint Protection)
- Experience with web conferencing (Microsoft Teams, WebEx, Zoom)
- Experience with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service and documentation skills
- Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Self-motivated and directed
- ITIL 3.0 certification a plus
We value and encourage diversity and inclusivity across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 (650) 688-6968 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.