We are currently looking for six (6) Maintenance Procedure Writers to join the ENERCON Team in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
General Scope of Work:
1. Critical to Nawah's readiness to operate and maintain the Barakah Nuclear Power Plant (BNPP) units is the development of a suite of maintenance manuals and procedures that provide information, technical instruction, organizational direction, and guidelines for all activities related to the safe operation and maintenance of all four productions Units at BNPP. The documents include, but are not limited to manuals, maintenance program documentation, procedures, instructions, guidelines, data and general technical and business information.
2. The timely completion of Nawah’s maintenance procedures is critical to achieve the milestones that support Fuel Load and Substantial Completion for Unit 1,2,3 and 4. Procedures are by far the greatest workload in the Nawah Schedule and the work scope is continuously evolving.
3. The purpose of this request is to procure the services of six (6) maintenance procedure writer consultants to ensure continuity of the maintenance program and procedure project. The procedure writers will perform duties within Nawah’s maintenance procedure writing environment. The procedure writers will be required to work within the functions to complete the writing and review of procedures as required.
4. The contract is requested for a period of two years with possible extension for another year as determined by business needs. The extension of the contract will be managed based on business needs. It is expected that the procedure workload will decrease after the Substantial Completion Milestone for Barakah Unit 1. Manpower will be required as determined by business needs.
5. Duration/Timeline of Requirement: Two Years with possible extension.
6. Tentative Start Date: 1 July 2019.
Academic Qualification and Experience
- An engineering diploma (electrical, mechanical, I&C) OR equivalent experience & training at a nuclear power plant
- Have at least 10 years work experience in a mechanical, electrical, Instrumentation & Control or Welding discipline maintenance or engineering environment
- At least 10 years experience with advanced print reading skills (electrical, mechanical, P&ID, logic and control) to be able to accurately understand plant drawings.
- Full English fluency is required for procedure understanding, print reading, and interfacing with other departments to complete the tasks at hand. A minimum English proficiency of 5.5 in all categories are required on the IELTS or equivalent scale. This is applicable to non-native English speakers and evidence should be submitted.
- At least 10 years of in-plant experience with maintenance activities, fault finding, technical problem resolution.
- Maintenance procedure writers must be able to understand vendor manuals from a technical perspective to apply that knowledge to procedure content and to validate or recommend technical information be added to procedures to ensure clear, concise and accurate content.
- The Maintenance procedure writers must understand the concept of procedure use and adherence and its application to procedures.
- The Maintenance procedure writers must meet the intent and requirements of Nawah procedure, DCM-PRC-0021, Station Qualified Reviewer. To meet Station Qualified Reviewer intent the procedure writers must read and understand the following Nawah Documents: DCM-PRC-0003, Procedure Changes and Generation; DCM-PRC-0016, Technical Procedure Writer's Guide, DCM-PRC-0018, Administrative Procedure Writer's Guide; and LRA-PRC-0010, Safety Screening and Evaluation.
- Ability to obtaining the required BNPP site access to perform work at Barakah site. Work will be performed at BNPP site. Work hours will be 38 hours per week, working similar hours to Maintenance staff. Nawah reserves the option to requesting the procedure reviewers to work extended hours if required by the project.
- Proficient in English and Excellent MS Office Skills.
Validate Maintenance Procedures through a review of the background documents, vendor manuals, and drawings as assigned.
Support revision of maintenance procedures.
Review procedures developed by other departments that may have an impact on Maintenance.
Perform technical review of maintenance procedures against Operating Technical Specifications, design specifications, license requirements and documents and guidelines as assigned.
Verification and validation of procedures as required and defined in Nawah procedures. This task will include plant walkdowns and require physical fitness to complete.
Required personal attributes
- All candidates should be capable of obtaining security clearance to include site access passes to all required station locations.
- Supplier to provide nationality and if any other security clearances obtained or on going for proposed consultant/candidate.
We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
Enercon Services, Inc. is a long-standing and well-respected engineering and technical services consulting company. We provide premier services to companies in the energy, utility, and industrial sectors, as well as to governmental agencies across the U.S. and Internationally.
ENERCON is fully owned by our employees and offers excellent benefits and career opportunities. To learn more about ENERCON, visit us at www.enercon.com. ENERCON does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.