Crown Agents USA is seeking a Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Consultant for a USAID-funded public financial management program located in Zambia. The MEL Consultant will support oversight of the monitoring and evaluation system for reporting progress against expected results and maintain reporting procedures and guidelines in compliance with USAID systems and regulations.
Crown Agents USA
We are change agents for greater global prosperity, delivering practical innovations in economic governance and trade; humanitarian solutions and food security; health systems; monitoring, evaluation, and learning; and, supply chain as a partner of the US Government.
As a subsidiary of Crown Agents Limited, we leverage the expertise, resources, and network amassed from over 180 years of international development experience. Crown Agents works in 100+ countries, with on-the-ground presence in more than 35 and 13 permanent corporate offices in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. We are wholly owned by a nonprofit foundation, allowing us to combine corporate agility with a commitment to reinvesting our profits in transforming lives.
Located in Washington, DC and incorporated in 1998, Crown Agents USA provides technical assistance and support to clients such as the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC), the U.S. Department of State (DoS), and the U.S. Trade and Development Agency (USTDA).
The MEL Consultant will help the project team to develop and refine a strong monitoring and evaluation plan and system consistent with the project results framework, coordinate the collection and validation of data, monitor completeness of data sets, and monitor project performance against targets. S/he will contribute to efforts for building the capacity of government partners and other stakeholders on activities related to MEL, which may include data collection, utilization, and dissemination.
- Help to refine and implement the project’s MEL system, including developing and refining indicators; setting targets; monitoring project progress; ensuring timely data collection; writing quarterly and annual reports; and working with the home office and field teams to track the budget in relation to all project results and outcomes;
- Provide inputs to the technical team by assisting in developing program goals and objectives; MEL systems, tools, and strategies, including database(s); and providing monitoring data to inform the decisions on project performance and future direction to the project;
- Collaborate with and support host government counterparts to develop their own MEL frameworks, systems, and tools;
- Regularly produce high-quality reports on the results of the project against the project goals and objectives to the Chief of Party, USAID, home office management team, and others as needed;
- Collaborate with the technical and management teams to identify essential project activities, processes, and outcomes to document, and design a system for capturing lessons learned and best practices; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced degree in a relevant discipline (statistics, evaluation science, public policy, social sciences, political science, or other related degree);
- At least 7 years of demonstrated experience designing, and implementing monitoring and evaluation activities in developing countries;
- Excellent command of monitoring and evaluation methodologies;
- Previous experience implementing and managing a rigorous M&E system including developing and refining performance monitoring plans is required; experience managing Management Information Systems (MIS) is strongly preferred;
- Knowledge of data collection protocols to ensure accurate data collection and verification; ability to identify data trends and communicate this information for strategic decision-making in program implementation;
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills to manage project communications and disseminate project information are required;
- Excellent skills in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint; proficiency in MS Access preferred;
- Experience with USAID programs/projects strongly preferred; and
- English language fluency required.