Conducts the safe operation of company vehicles and equipment in accordance with local, State, and Federal laws, and within the guidelines set forth by CP Associations / CPT Policy and procedure. Responsible for the immediate supervision of all passengers
- Responsible for providing safe, comfortable and punctual transportation to all passengers.
- Speak to consumers, program personnel, parents and caregivers in a professional manner that is sensitive and respectful to consumer’s disabilities.
- Assist passengers with boarding and disembarking the vehicle.
- Secure all passengers in vehicles using seat belts and/ or wheelchair securing equipment.
- Properly operate any equipment used in or during transport, such as hydraulic lifts, ramps, tie downs, seat belts, safety flares, fire extinguishers, 2- way radios, beepers, etc.
- Responsible for handling all special and emergency requests in addition to regularly assigned runs, including non-consumer related transportation.
- Responsible for pre trip and post trip inspection of all assigned vehicles.Properly maintain vehicle while in your possession.
- Attend staff meetings as required.
- Responsible for the submission of all required documentation.
- Assist escort, and / or intervene independently in situations where consumer behaviors create a hazardous or unhealthy situation to themselves, and or other passengers. Examples of situations include: head banging, eating foreign objects, undressing, scratching or hitting others. Report all incidents that occur on the bus on designated forms.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, citizenship status, veteran status, sexual orientation, creed, religion, age, marital status, national origin, disability, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.