The Data Analyst is responsible for supporting the creation and execution of marketing, reporting and analytics processes as defined by client. He/she is a subject matter expert on client's data sources and become intimately familiar with database, email and preference data including understanding key business rules that drive data outputs.
- Technically able to understand and create complex ETL processes.
- Work hand-in-hand with client
- Effectively utilizes programming tools and applications (SQL, Informatica, and Oracle).
- Plays a role in thought leadership and uses strong consultative skills.
- Monitors quality control on deliverables prior to client distribution. Ensures the client team is following quality control procedures as applicable
- Based on business requirements, contributes to detailed technical requirements and specifications; identifies missing details in the business requirements and engages the appropriate resource(s) for clarification.
- Become an internal expert in ETL, CDI and complex Datamart Build services for campaign, reporting and analytics processes.
- Develops mapping and data processing procedures to import data from various data sources and populate the client database.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the data model and the data, to provide insights and recommendations.
- Develops data extracts and procedures to support internal and client (external) business analytics.
- Actively involved in troubleshooting data / data process anomalies and works with the team to efficiently identify solutions.
- Coordinates with cross-competency teams to ensure quality deliverables.
- Consistently follow best practices and standards defined by the team / organization.
- Contributes to the project estimation process.
- Multitasks through project execution and prioritizes accordingly, ensuring project deadlines are met and deliverables are completed in a timely fashion.
- Assists with the transition from project completion to ongoing production and production support
- Communicates requirements and status with other teams and competencies, as required on an ongoing basis.
- Quality and overall impact of deliverables: Strives to achieve executional excellence. Ensures work is completed on time, within the allotted hours, and meets the business requirements. Creates documents in a professional manner. Fulfills all client and project leader needs and requests.
- Team and/or client feedback and satisfaction: Develops strong working relationships with other engineers, QA team members, project leaders, and other Targetbase teams. Team members provide praise for work done.
- Commitment to vision and guiding principles of agency and competency: Number one focus is on client’s business. Respect for the individual is at the core of all team interactions. Focuses on solutions versus challenges.
- Organizational and/or technical knowledge: Has appropriate knowledge of his/her core competency and Targetbase’s integrated service offerings. Has working knowledge of other competencies. Understands the value of Targetbase technology services and its impact on client business.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or other technology subject or equivalent industry experience. Master's Degree a plus
- 2 years technical experience in a data management role
KNOWLEDGE & ABILITY
- Consultative approach to data management and able to make CDI recommendations to the client.
- Knowledge of direct mail and email marketing
- Marketing and business knowledge – not just technical view
- Knowledge of marketing Database structures
- Primary point-of-contact for problem escalation and resolution for data management functions
- Development Tools/Platforms
- Proficiency with Informatica, or similar enterprise ETL tool experience
- Strong SQL, PL/SQL skills
- Knowledge of UNIX/LINUX experience
- Shell scripting experience (KSH, Bash, Perl, Python, etc.) is a plus
- Exposure to enterprise databases required
- SQL Server 2005/2008 is a plus
- Demonstrates the ability to follow a consultative approach to data management
- Demonstrates the ability to work within various methodologies, like Waterfall, Lean, or Agile, is a plus
- Demonstrates the ability and desire to learn new technical skills and tools
- On-site in Dallas
- Overtime as necessary
- Minimal travel may be required