Responsible for all instruction of students in all programs where applicable in accordance with established policies, procedures and established Charter College requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and provide all lecture, laboratory and clinical instruction according to the required curriculum.
- Follow current course outlines, objectives, and evaluation mechanisms for the program and/or develop such when indicated by the President.
- Maintain a lesson plan of daily instructional events.
- Monitor student attendance and retention and document as required by the administration.
- Grading assignments, returning graded assignments to students, and assigning final grades for all students in a timely manner.
- Provide educational assistance to students during regularly scheduled times (i.e., office hours) or by appointment
- Substitute in classes when necessary.
- Advise students as it relates to school policies, satisfactory performance, etc. Maintain communication with Program Chair, Lead Instructor or Campus President (as applicable) regarding such activity.
- Submit in writing current textbook, supply, and equipment needs to the Program Manager, Lead Instructor or Campus President (as applicable).
- Monitor all equipment and supply inventory in locked facilities.
- Secure consumable supplies as well as educational materials from administrative office when needed.
- Maintain professional appearance.
- Communicate with Program Manager, Lead Instructor or Campus President (as applicable) on all issues related to students.
- Maintain professional expertise (faculty development) to meet accreditation standards by attending educational seminars in professional field, reading current literature, attending online courses, etc.
- Ensure that students follow the catalog guidelines daily.
- Attend all scheduled mandatory meetings.
- Serve on committees (e.g., curriculum development, retention, etc) as assigned based upon expertise or campus needs.
- Perform other duties as required.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Veterinary Technician License required
- Preferred candidates should have experience with small animals - no large animal experience needed
- 2 years experience in the field required
- Preference will go to candidates with previous instructor experience
We are committed to diversity. Prospect Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).