Responsible for Student Success instruction of students in all programs where applicable in accordance with established policies, procedures and established Charter College requirements.
This position reports to the Program Manager
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Online Instruction-Classes assigned as needed.
- Maintain and Monitor Virtual Classroom Platform
- Directly responsible for the retention of all new students
- Call and welcome all new students into their program
- Ensure all new students are orientated and comfortable using the learning management system.
- Participate in student retention efforts. Instructors are expected to remind students of missed assignments and encourage and maintain participation of all students on your roster, and promptly identify and assist “at risk” students, providing these students with appropriate assistance.
- Prepare and provide all lecture, laboratory and clinical instruction according to the required curriculum.
- Follow current course outlines, objectives, and evaluation mechanisms for the program and/or develop such when indicated by the Program Manager.
- Maintain a lesson plan of daily instructional events.
- Monitor student attendance and retention and document as required by the administration.
- Process course end grades according to policy.
- Grading assignments, returning graded assignments to students, and assigning final grades for all students in a timely manner.
- Provide educational assistance to students during regularly scheduled times (i.e., virtual office hours) or by appointment
- Substitute in classes when necessary.
- Advise students as it relates to school policies, satisfactory performance, etc. Maintain communication with Program Manager and Education Classroom Coordinator (ECC) regarding such activity.
- Submit in writing current textbook, supply, and equipment needs to the ECC Program Manager.
- Monitor all equipment and supply inventory in locked facilities.
- Secure consumable supplies as well as educational materials from administrative office when needed.
- Maintain professional appearance.
- Communicate with Program Manager, ECC and Campus Management on all issues related to students.
- Maintain professional expertise (faculty development) to meet accreditation standards by attending educational seminars in professional field, reading current literature, attending online courses, etc.
- Ensure that students follow the catalog guidelines daily.
- Attend all scheduled mandatory meetings.
- Serve on committees (e.g., curriculum development, retention, etc) as assigned based upon expertise or campus needs.
- Communicate with, coach, and encourage “at risk” students to meet the expectations of student success.
- Actively resolve to student’s questions and concerns to assist in them in the matriculation process.
- Resolve student concerns and issues in real time and direct students to resources in the student’s community where possible.
- Document student interaction via the College’s student database.
- Helps to plan, organize, and implement student success and retention strategies of the College.
- Perform other duties as required.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Master's Degree Required
- Previous Online teaching experience preferred
- 3 years experience
- Qualification dependent on program and class level
- All questions regarding qualification should be referred to the Table of Faculty Qualifications for Teaching.
- Pay By Course
- Part Time Day or Evening
- Dependent on Experience
We are commited to Diversity. Charter College/Prospect Education is an EOE Employer