The Lead Instructor is responsible for all instruction of students in all programs where applicable in accordance with established policies, procedures and Charter College requirements. The instructor will be responsible for delivering quality curriculum content in a variety of modalities such as online, on ground, and/or blended learning.
The position reports to the Program Manager
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Full Time and Part Time Lead Instructors
- Participate in student retention efforts. Instructors are expected to remind students of missed assignments and encourage and maintain participation of all students on your roster, and promptly identify and assist “at risk” students, referring these students for appropriate assistance.
- Advise students as it relates to school policies, satisfactory performance, etc.
- Provide curriculum insight and guidance to the V.P. of Academic Affairs and/or the instructional design team regarding continuous improvement initiatives for the program.
- Serve as liaison regarding program content and delivery between the program faculty and the program chair/campus president.
- Participate in program advisory committee meetings as required.
- Prepare and provide all lecture, laboratory and clinical instruction according to the required curriculum.
- Follow current course outlines, objectives, and evaluation mechanisms for the program and/or develop such when indicated by the President.
- Maintain a lesson plan of daily instructional events.
- Assist other faculty in the program as needed.
- Monitor student attendance and retention and document as required by the administration.
- Grading assignments, returning graded assignments to students, and assigning final grades for all students in a timely manner.
- Process course end grades according to policy.
- Provide educational assistance to students during regularly scheduled times (i.e., office hours) or by appointment.
- Submit in writing current textbook, supply, and equipment needs for the program. Monitor all equipment and supply inventory in locked facilities.
- Secure consumable supplies as well as educational materials from administrative office when needed.
- Maintain professional appearance.
- Communicate with Campus Staff on all issues related to students.
- Maintain professional expertise (faculty development) to meet accreditation standards by attending educational seminars in professional field, reading current literature, attending online courses, etc.
- Ensure that students follow the catalog guidelines
- Attend all scheduled mandatory meetings.
- Serve on committees (e.g., curriculum development, retention, etc) as assigned based upon expertise or campus needs.
- Perform other duties as required.
Full Time Lead Instructors Additional Duties
- Full time lead instructor can expect that they will routinely teach three (3) courses (24 contact hours each week) per module but they may be asked to teach a fourth course as schedule requires.
- In addition to the teaching platform duties full time lead instructor will be expected to engage in; tutoring, class preparation, curriculum development, faculty development (in-service, formal coursework, seminars, etc.), office hours, departmental meetings, substituting for colleagues (ad hoc short term substitution), and others. There is no additional compensation for these activities.
- MBA or Master's Degree in Business Required
- Experience as a supervisor, mentor or trainer a plus
- A minimum of 8 years field experience required
- Full Time
- Salary Exempt
- Compensation DOE
Charter College is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).