This position will be responsible for all instruction of students in Student Success Strategies. This class presents students with the skills and behaviors necessary for personal and academic success. Students will be introduced to strategies focused on retaining information, improving study skills, organizing time, setting goals, assisting in personal finance planning, effective communication and applying critical thinking skills in problem solving. A strong emphasis is placed on the techniques and strategies for online learning and information literacy. This position reports to the Program Manager or Campus President (as applicable).
Our instructors teach in a blended environment.
The blended course environment enables instructors to offer students a greater range of learning avenues. It blends face-to-face interaction such as in-class discussions, active group work, live lectures, and lab work with web-based technologies such as discussion boards, open forums and utilizing a learning management system. This allows us to offer a more active learning and flexible scheduling for the students, while maintaining the value of a face to face learning environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and provide all lecture, laboratory and clinical instruction according to the required curriculum.
- Follow current course outlines, objectives, and evaluation mechanisms for the program and/or develop such when indicated by the Program Manager or Campus President as applicable.
- Maintain a lesson plan of daily instructional events.
- Monitor student attendance and retention and document as required by the administration.
- Grading assignments, returning graded assignments to students, and assigning final grades for all students in a timely manner.
- Provide educational assistance to students during regularly scheduled times (i.e., office hours) or by appointment
- Substitute in classes when necessary.
- Advise students as it relates to school policies, satisfactory performance, etc. Maintain communication with Program Manager or Campus President (as applicable) regarding such activity.
- Submit in writing current textbook, supply, and equipment needs to the Program Manager or Campus President (as applicable)
- Monitor all equipment and supply inventory in locked facilities.
- Secure consumable supplies as well as educational materials from administrative office when needed.
- Maintain professional appearance.
- Communicate with Program Manager or Campus President (as applicable) on all issues related to students.
- Maintain professional expertise (faculty development) to meet accreditation standards by attending educational seminars in professional field, reading current literature, attending online courses, etc.
- Ensure that students follow the catalog guidelines daily.
- Attend all scheduled mandatory meetings.
- Serve on committees (e.g., curriculum development, retention, etc) as assigned based upon expertise or campus needs.
- Perform other duties as required.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 3 years experience hiring, counseling and training employees required
- 3 years teaching experience preferred
- This is a Full Time Position
- Salaried - non exempt or Pay By course dependent on full time or part time status
- Compensation dependent on experience, knowledge and education level
We are committed to diversity. Charter College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (EOE)