INSTRUCTOR RN Nursing - Adjunct
Responsible for all nursing student instruction in accordance with established policies, procedures and established Charter College requirements.
Adjunct Clinical Instructor would report to the Clinical Coordinator. All Nursing Faculty report to the Director of Nursing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and provide all lecture, laboratory and clinical instruction according to the required curriculum.
- Follow current course outlines, objectives, and evaluation mechanisms for the program as developed by the nursing faculty.
- Create an environment in classroom, laboratory, and clinical settings that facilitates student learning and the achievement of desired cognitive, affective, and psychomotor outcomes.
- Help students develop as nurses and integrate values and behaviors of those that fulfill the role.
- Use a variety of strategies to assess learning in the classroom, laboratory and clinical settings.
- Formulate program outcomes and design curricula that reflect contemporary health care trends and prepare graduates to function effectively in the health care environment.
- Function as change agents and leaders to create a preferred future for nursing education and nursing practice.
- Recognize their role is multidimensional and that ongoing commitment to develop and maintain competence in the role and that life- long learning is essential. Maintain professional expertise.
- Acknowledge that scholarship is an integral component of the faculty role and that teaching itself is a scholarly activity.
- Be knowledgeable about the educational environment within which he/she practices and recognizes how political, institutional, social and economic forces impact his/her role.
- Monitor student attendance and retention and document as required.
- Provide educational assistance to students during regularly scheduled hours or by appointment.
- Secure consumable supplies as well as educational materials from administrative office when needed.
- Maintain professional appearance.
- Communicate with Lead Instructor or Program Director on all issues related to students.
- Maintain Alaska Board of Nursing License in good standing.
- Ensure students follow the catalog guidelines daily
- Attend all scheduled mandatory meetings.
- Serve on committees as assigned.
- Perform other duties as required.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- MSN preferred. Bachelor's Degree Required
- Experience teaching nursing preferred
- Medical/surgical experience preferred
- If not certified as a nursing educator, pursue this with ANCC within three years.
- Maintain current personal education, Nursing License and Certifications required to Practice Nursing in Alaska
- Interpersonal, and problem solving skills.
- Minimum three years as a registered nurse
- Compensation dependent on experience, knowledge and education level
We are committed to diversity. Prospect Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).