The Campus President (CP) manages the day-to-day operations of the campus and is the senior, on-site management representative for the location. The CP provides direct and indirect leadership and operational management for the five core areas of the business: Admissions, Financial Aid, Education, Student Success and Career Services. This dynamic individual is a problem solver responsible for delivering quality customer service measured by a high level of student satisfaction.
The Campus President reports directly to the Chancellor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with the selection, recruitment, development, and evaluation of staff for the assigned location.
- Provides indirect supervision for the on-site campus management/staff, while directly supervising the atmosphere and success of the overall campus.
- Works closely and communicates effectively with Prospect support services to ensure quality customer service is provided to our students in person or through video connection within the five core areas of the business.
- Manages the functions of academics associated with coaching faculty members to meet or exceed performance expectations, plan and coordinate faculty in-services and faculty meetings, and provides academic coaching for students under the direction of the Prospect Education personnel.
- Assist the Department of Retention in successful engagement and support of new incoming and active students through strong communication with the Student Academic Advisors. Serve as an active participant with the Sit to Start to ensure positive results.
- Develop relationships with employers and community members for the purposes of externship and job placement of graduates, as well as creating growth opportunities and increased awareness of the campus and it’s offerings to the community.
- Assists Career Services department including, but not limited to, the development of job leads and employer relations, and externship site approval as appropriate.
- Serve as the campus contact person and liaison for library related items.
- Attend and participate in weekly Prospect management meetings.
- Follow all policies and procedures established by the campus and/or company.
- Other duties:
- Participate in college activities
- Assist the CEO, Chancellor, and administration as needed
- Participate and/or chair various institutional committees as needed
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- 2 years’ experience in higher education preferred
- Proven track record of successful, performance-driven leadership required
- Experience managing people and multiple ongoing projects required
- Excellent organization, communication, time management, and problem solving skills required
- For all candidates – must be able to pass an annual driving record check and possess valid car insurance while in this position.
- Exempt - Salaried position
- $52,000-$75,000 annual
- Plus incentive plan
- Compensation dependent on experience, knowledge and education level
We are committed to diversity. Charter College and Prospect Education LLC are Equal Opportunity Employers.