Responsible for preparing apartments for new residents and assisting Lead Maintenance Technician with additional maintenance responsibilities.
This position is responsible for all of the following:
- Completing light maintenance repairs in order to prepare apartments for new residents
- Completing maintenance requests on occupied apartments including, but not limited to, plumbing repairs and replacements, major appliance repairs, interior and exterior carpentry, painting, and roof repairs
- Performing maintenance in leasing office, clubhouse, laundry rooms, models, pool areas, and property fences
- Maintaining pool and Jacuzzi areas including chemical checks, cleaning, and repairs to the system
- Assessing extraordinary maintenance required for the property (i.e., replacing guttering, parking lot repairs, repairing outside lighting, repairing and replacing patio and privacy fences, determining carpet damage)
- Responsible for depositing ice-melt and shoveling snow as necessary during inclement weather
- Ordering maintenance materials, supplies, and products for the property with the approval of the Property Manager
- Relaying or repairing carpeting
- Assuming the responsibilities of a Lead Maintenance Technician when necessary
- Completing all job-related tasks assigned by Property Manager or Property Supervisor
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation
- Six (6) months related experience, including light electrical and plumbing
- Must be able to read, speak and understand English for business purposes
- Must be able to read and write instructions, short correspondence, memos, service requests, and to converse with residents, co-workers, and vendors in a professional manner .
- Available for on-call
- Must be able to stand, walk, climb stairs; use hands to grasp, finger, or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch; talk; hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must be physically capable of moving appliances (refrigerators, washers, dryers) with the assistance of an appliance dolly.
- Employees may also be required to lift heavy objects up to 75 pounds with the assistance of a dolly and another employee.
- Must be physically capable of removing, repairing, and reinstalling: garbage disposals, light fixtures, doors, refrigerators, sinks, bathroom stools, washers, dryers, and dishwashers.