Bart & Associates (B&A) is currently seeking a Tester/Business Analyst for a long-term project at the US Census Bureau Suitland, MD.
This position is for an exciting project implementing newer technologies and industry standard processes with the opportunity to grow. The candidate should have strong technical and managerial skills and must be a good team player.
As the Tester/ Business Analyst, the candidate will be responsible for the development of test scenarios, test cases and test plans, execution of test cases and any overall continuous process improvement to the testing process and methodologies. The candidate should have strong experience in test development, execution and analysis.
Specifically, the responsibilities are as follows, but not limited:
- Work with the development team and application SMEs to analyze requirements and designs to develop test scenarios and cases.
- Facilitate and coordinate Joint Application Requirement (JAR) and Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with excellent inter-personal and conflict resolution skills.
- Work with the team to meet the business requirements, create prototypes and analyze workflow.
- Elicit requirements from business users and stakeholders using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, etc.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts and decompose high-level information into details to deliver required artifacts.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with users to analyze information needs and gather requirements.
- Develop and maintain Requirements documentation that include Business Requirements and Functional Requirements, Use Cases and UML Diagrams
- Develop and maintain Test documentation as it pertains to the Enterprise Software Development Lifecycle.
- Interact with client and development teams on a regular basis to obtain requirement and design details.
- Evaluate, recommend, and support testing efforts and general test strategies.
- Develop, publish and implement test plans.
- Provide regular progress reports, status and metrics to management
- Perform ad-hoc testing to support in researching production support issues.
- Develop thorough and organized documentation for test cases by clearly articulating test objectives, steps, and expected results
- Design and execute workflow, test case plans, implementation points, and test data before development is complete
- Adhere to standard operating procedures and the collection of measures put in place to ensure consistency and improvement in the way we test software
- Participate in defect detection and replication through automation, performance testing, and exploratory testing.
- Overall, the position requires familiarity with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. It also relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. The position requires at least 5-7 years of experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). The candidate should have good communication, be detailed oriented and quick to learn. The candidate must be able to perform a variety of tasks and have a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Experienced in eliciting requirements using techniques such as interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, business process descriptions, use case, and workflow analysis.
- Experience developing detailed functional requirements based off of the business requirements.
- Experience conducting Kickoff meetings with business owners and stakeholders as part of the requirements gathering process.
- Experience elaborating Software Requirements Specifications and Software Design Specifications for new, enhanced and retired applications.
- Experience interacting with business owners, SMEs, and management team to identify the scope of the project and to prepare Business Requirement Documents, User Cases, User Stories, and Activity Diagrams to further develop Technical Requirements and/or Functional Specifications.
- Experienced in MS SQL Server.
- Experienced in ASP .NET
- Experienced in HP ALM
- Ability to analyze and translate requirements and development use cases into test scripts
- Strong problem solving skills, independent thinking
- Strong teamwork and partnering skills for cross-group collaboration
- Strong verbal and written communications skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- Hands-on experience with the latest QA technologies related to their feature set or domain
- Participate in project planning and design discussions
- Experienced in creating test requirements, test plans, test scenarios and test scripts
- Experienced in executing test scripts
- The ability to recognize and document “good” requirements.
Bart & Associates (B&A) has been a systems integrator of information technology solutions for 30 years. Our mission is to use our depth and breadth of technical knowledge and expertise to ensure our clients have optimum IT solutions to meet their goals. We are a company whose accomplishments exemplify the skills, dedication, and commitment of our most valuable asset: our people. B&A provides strategic, enterprise, application, and technical infrastructure solutions, including customized and Commercial-Off-The-Shelf applications. Our service lines include: Human Capital Management, Operations & Enablement, Integration & Analytics, Modernization & Transformation, Agile Delivery, and Certified Hosting. We have a strong focus on innovation with an in-house Research and Development team and we offer full time employees a 100% premium paid medical plan option, which includes coverage for medical, prescription, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, disability, teledoc, and accident insurance. Headquartered in McLean, VA, B&A was named one of Virginia’s Best Places to Work in 2018.
B&A provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. B&A complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy covers conduct occurring at B&A’s offices, and other workplaces (including client sites) and all other locations where B&A is providing services, and to all work-related activities.
As a Federal Contractor, B&A is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links:
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law - Amendment
Affirmative Action Plan
As a federal government contractor and based on Executive Orders and applicable laws and regulations, B&A develops and maintains annual written Affirmative Action Plans and endeavors to hire and advance qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans.