|# of openings:
Bart & Associates is seeking a Proposal Specialist to join our team in McLean, VA!
- We are seeking to hire a Proposal Coordinator to support B&A’s Proposal Development team in compiling multi-volume proposals for accuracy, compliance, and quality.
- As a member of the proposal team, your main focus will be to support activities such as collecting past performance citations, formatting and updating resumes, compiling reviewed versions of the proposal response, and other non-technical elements required for the proposal.
- In this role, you will also proofread technical documents across various industry sectors, in order to reconcile revisions. You'll be expected to read entire documents for correct grammar, use of language, consistent presentation of names/acronyms, and to verify footing and cross-footing.
- Ideal candidates for this position should have experience supporting responses to government sources sought documents and requests for information (RFIs), quotes (RFQs), and proposals (RFPs).
- This position will work or interact with the Business Development, Capture, and Proposal team, and work closely with graphic designers, technical subject matter experts, and others to ensure the delivery of a high-quality and timely final output.
- Provide support as required for all stages of the proposal development process from opportunity identification through proposal submission
- Coordinate production of schedules, outlines, compliance matrices, proposal kickoffs, and other proposal meetings
- Facilitate and coordinate proposal reviews (color team reviews)
- Ensure accuracy of the proposal core data/information on templates and check drafts throughout the proposal process, especially following document recovery from color team reviews
- Serve as the scribe for working group sessions and major proposal meetings, recording status and action items, and getting the information distributed to the attendees in a timely manner following the session/meeting
- Research, prepare, and edit documents; format and proof the response multiple authors/reviewers for a consistent and professional response; decipher and eliminate redundant information
- Interface with writers and subject matter experts in coordinating/preparing the response documents
- Participate in the creation of proposals and multi-media presentation materials.
- Review all communication for grammar, formatting, punctuation, etc.
- Perform desktop publishing in MS Word, and other tools (e.g. Adobe Acrobat) to ensure proposal documents are properly formatted, compliant with RFP requirements, easy to read, and visually appealing
- Adhere to style guide and reinforce that proposal team authors adhere to all such style guides
- Support coordinating logistics and producing materials needed for review sessions and meetings related to the proposal life cycle process.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 1-2 years of work experience, preferably writing, editing, and proofreading
- Experience supporting proposals in Government contracting highly desired
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English), including grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word (formatting and styles) and at least intermediate level in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; Adobe Acrobat and Visio skills desired
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Must be able to work effectively under time constraints in a dynamic environment, while maintaining a high level of attention to detail
- Willingness and ability to work a standard 9 am-5 pm schedule and overtime as necessary to meet project deadlines
Bart & Associates (B&A) has been a systems integrator of information technology solutions for 30 years. Our mission is to use our depth and breadth of technical knowledge and expertise to ensure our clients have optimum IT solutions to meet their goals. We are a company whose accomplishments exemplify the skills, dedication, and commitment of our most valuable asset: our people. B&A provides strategic, enterprise, application, and technical infrastructure solutions, including customized and Commercial-Off-The-Shelf applications. Our service lines include: Human Capital Management, Operations & Enablement, Integration & Analytics, Modernization & Transformation, Agile Delivery, and Certified Hosting. We have a strong focus on innovation with an in-house Research and Development team and we offer full time employees a 100% premium paid medical plan option, which includes coverage for medical, prescription, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, disability, teledoc, and accident insurance. Headquartered in McLean, VA, B&A was named one of Virginia’s Best Places to Work in 2018.
B&A provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. B&A complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy covers conduct occurring at B&A’s offices, and other workplaces (including client sites) and all other locations where B&A is providing services, and to all work-related activities.
As a Federal Contractor, B&A is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links:
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law - Amendment
Affirmative Action Plan
As a federal government contractor and based on Executive Orders and applicable laws and regulations, B&A develops and maintains annual written Affirmative Action Plans and endeavors to hire and advance qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans.
|Back to Search Results