Medical Review Clinician Assistant
|# of Openings:||2|
MEDICAL REVIEW CLINICIAN ASSISTANT
Are you seeking a career growth opportunity with a national leader which is driven by mission to improve the quality and integrity of healthcare?
AllMed Healthcare Management provides medical peer review solutions to leading health insurance carriers, medical management organizations, TPAs, PBMs and hospital groups, nationwide. Our medical review solutions power clinical decision-making processes for hundreds of clients which provide benefits to over 200 million Americans, and through steady growth AllMed is a recognized leader in this dynamic market.
We are currently seeking an experienced Medical Review Clinician Assistant to join our clinical operations team, working from our beautiful office in downtown Portland, Oregon .
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Reviewing clinical documentation and review criteria policies to summarize and organize information for physician review;
· Proofing, editing, and formatting medical reviews;
· Providing quality assurance on medical reviews by verifying adherence to operational processes and documentation/style guidelines; and
· Maintaining a balance of accuracy and speed.
· Degree required, 4-year university degree healthcare-related area is preferred
· Certification, licensure, or experience in an allied healthcare field with understanding of the healthcare industry, terminology, and standards strongly preferred
· Excellent writing and documentation skills, including high degree of accuracy in spelling, grammar, punctuation, and formatting of professional documents
· Strong customer service orientation and teamwork ethic are essential
· A minimum of 1 year of experience in an office setting is highly preferred
· Computer literacy with demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, email, database and contact management software, and browser-based workflow applications
· Exhibit high degree of professionalism in written and verbal communications
· Ability to accurately type at least 40 words per minute
· Outstanding accuracy and attention to detail; critical eye to catch mistakes and formatting errors; ability to proof and ensure 100% quality on all documents sent to clients
· Ability to prioritize tasks and quickly shift priorities in response to changing circumstances
· Excellent learning and memory skills, leading to the ability to capture and retain a wide variety of operational and client-specific requirements
AllMed offers generous compensation and our competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
AllMed provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, AllMed complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results
AllMed is an independent review organization with a panel of 400 physician peer reviewers who are licensed, board-certified and in active practice, covering more than 80 ABMS specialties and sub-specialties. AllMed offers medical, copy-editing and customer resources that enable clients to improve quality of care and patient safety.