WSP has an immediate opening in our Rossland office for a Climate Change Engineer to join our National Climate Change Advisory Services practice. We aim to grow our team with individuals from a diverse range of backgrounds as we believe that this will offer a selection of talents, skills and experiences which benefits our team through creativity, greater innovation and the offer of a range of perspectives and ideas. The ideal candidate will have the flexibility and capacity to work on a wide variety of projects and the demonstrated ability to work well with cross-functional teams.
- Collaborate with all national business lines within WSP providing climate change advisory services;
- Lead, implement and manage all aspects of climate change vulnerability and risk assessments;
- Contribute to engineering designs, corporate sustainability and other studies in the context of climate change mitigation and adaptation;
- Act as an advisor in the climate science arena, remain active in the relevant academic, scientific, and professional community through presentations and participation in relevant seminars, conferences and symposiums and other activities;
- Supporting business development activities with existing and prospective clients in the climate science, climate change adaptation, and sustainability market sectors at the local and national scales; and
- Contribute to Future Ready global innovation program.
- Bachelor of Engineering or studies in a relevant field with equivalent industry experience with a technical focus on climate change initiatives, sustainability, renewable energy, energy efficiency, greenhouse gas inventory, environmental management systems or similar;
- Minimum 2 - 5 years of industry related experience;
- Candidates should be passionate about sustainability, self-motivated and self-directed, collaborative, and able to produce high-quality work products;
- Strong interpersonal, organization, and time management skills;
- Understanding of established climate change vulnerability and risk assessment methodologies;
- Excellent technical, analytical, writing, and presentation skills;
- Ability to work independently in a deadline-oriented and project based environment;
- Desire to take on new challenges and continued professional development; and
- Ability to collaborate remotely across geographies and sectors.