Overview of the Opportunity:
At WSP our Environmental Management team is providing environmental services that include meteorological and air quality data analysis to position WSP as a leader in the market. We're looking for a Senior Air Quality Specialist to join our Environment team, located at our Vancouver, BC office. Candidates applying for this position should have experience/qualifications in air quality modelling and monitoring; regulatory reporting; air permitting of new and existing facilities; and Air Quality/environmental impact assessment. The successful candidate is someone who understands our clients’ needs and is able to respond with innovation and added value. This position will have more than enough scope and freedom to satisfy the most ambitious, career-minded and technically savvy person. The successful candidate will have an established career in consulting and demonstrated ability in developing business in this environment.
Why choose WSP?
- A Canadian success story - a company that grew from humble roots in Quebec to a global, multinational powerhouse with over 48,000 employees worldwide;
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada;
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than we were yesterday, for our employees, future employees, and our fellow Canadians, we're open to your ideas and trying new thing;
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer competitive pay, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- You will be managing and conducting air quality assessment projects from large industrial complexes and regional airsheds to small oil and gas or commercial emission sources, in support of regulatory approvals, environmental impact assessments or special studies;
- You will perform assessment of the impacts of pollutant emissions on ambient air quality using routine and advanced dispersion models judged to be most appropriate to given situations (i.e. CALPUFF, AERMOD, CALINE, CMAQ, etc.);
- You will be preparing reports and applications for submission to regulatory authorities on behalf of Company clients;
- You will be involved in meteorological and air quality data analysis for use in air quality studies;
- You will be assisting or leading comprehensive air quality impact assessments or special studies, plans, research projects related to air quality issues for various government or industrial clients;
- You will be performing scoping and analysis of air quality issues, assessment of air quality impacts, and recommendation of monitoring and mitigation programs;
- You will be managing projects, including proposal writing, project planning, budgeting, staffing, status reporting, delivery, peer review, invoicing and closeout;
- You will be developing and maintaining business relationships with clients consistent with the company’s objectives;
- You will be identifying project opportunities and prepare proposals for projects, including estimating the time required and resources, etc;
- Other duties as assigned/required;
We'd love to hear from you if you have...
- 15 years of related work experience in the environmental field focused on increasing responsibilities in the air quality field;
- Work well in a multidisciplinary environment, and respond well to the technical challenges within set time constraints;
- Environmental Professional or Professional Engineer registered, or eligible for registration, with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia or a relevant professional body is desired;
- Extensive previous consulting experience;
- Undergraduate degree in the related field; a graduate degree is desirable;
- Sound project management skills and a demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, resulting in delivery on time and on budget to the client’s satisfaction;
- Thorough knowledge of British Columbian and Canadian environmental regulations;
- Demonstrated British Columbia focused experience in air quality modelling and monitoring; regulatory reporting; Air permitting of new and existing facilities; and Air Quality/environmental impact assessment;
- Demonstrated ability to mentor junior and intermediate staff;
- Strong business development and client interaction skills and excellent ability to manage technical, budget and schedule aspects of complex projects;
This is a long-term career position which carries attractive opportunities for advancement. This opportunity will appeal to an aspiring, career-minded individual who prefers a blend of technical work and business development. This role will involve expansion of our environmental services offered in our BC Region, including business development and mentoring of junior staff. Occasional travel will be required.