Work from home providing needed support to geriatric patients. Pay for performance allows our team members to control their income and schedule.
What is Chronic Care Management
Today, more than 130 million Americans suffer from a chronic illness, with 69% suffering from 2 or more chronic conditions. Due to this, 85% of Federal healthcare dollars are allocated to the treatment of chronic diseases, which has led Medicare to start reimbursing physicians for Chronic Care Management in 2015. This program offers patients a clear plan to manage their chronic conditions, all the while increasing their quality of life, decreasing emergency interventions and enabling practices and Medicare to better allocate resources. While Medicare has continued to increase funding and support to this program, most medical offices do not have the tools and resources to deliver this valuable service on their own. Wellbox bridges that gap in a way that provides practices with a personalized service that does not interrupt their current workflow and empowers patients with a tool to help manage their care.
Who is Wellbox
Wellbox is the leader in Chronic Care management. In 2015 Wellbox pioneered the Chronic Care Management program with precision and excellence. It has grown rapidly developed tools and it’s offering to ensure that every patient receives the highest level of care. We are also committed to empowering every medical office with a tool for it's patient that helps them deliver on their commitment to increasing measurable outcomes for their patients who are at the highest risk. Wellbox's greatest asset is our team members. We use a systematic and caring approach to recruiting and retaining each person that cares for our patients.
The position of the Chronic Care Coordinator Remote will perform telephonic encounters with patients on behalf of our partners and develops detailed care plans.
Wellbox is seeking a full-time Registered Nurses to work from their home office while complying with HIPAA privacy laws. You will set your own hours and will not be held to a daily work hour schedule. Wellbox wants its team members to have the flexibility to balance their work life with their home life. Full-time team member will typically need to dedicate an average of 40 hours per week to care for their assigned patients. This unique business model allows you to choose what days and what hours of the day you dedicate to caring for your patients.
• Develops a positive interaction with patients on behalf of our practices
• Develops detailed care plans for the both the doctors and patients. The care plans exist for prevention and intervention purposes.
• The role of the Care Coordinator is to abide by the plan of care and orders of the practice. The Care Coordinator is to abstain from any additional plans of care, such as any the over the counter medication or any exercise program not prescribed by your provider.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Competencies Required to Perform the Position
• Registered Nurse with current active license in state of residency
• Understand health care goals associated with chronic disease management provided by practice
• Ability to provide prevention and intervention for multiple disease conditions through motivational coaching
• Experience using Electronic Health Records
This job operates in the comfort of your home setting and routinely uses standard office equipment such a s computers and headsets for internet calls. You will be provided with all equipment and software needed to perform your duties. You will need to have high-speed internet, a private space free from noise and an ergonomic workspace for your computer.
This is a sitting role with no physical demands.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This position is full -time. The Care Coordinator will be assigned a patient panel based on skill and efficiency level and is expected to reach a minimum of 120+ patients per calendar month. Wellbox pays $9.50-$12.50 per completed patient encounter. A patient encounter will take approximately 20 minutes. Care Coordinators will be expected to complete encounters on 90% of the patients they are assigned. It is important to let us know how many hours you will be available so we can assign the appropriate number of patients to ensure your success and the highest level of care for our patients.
No travel! Our team members commute is typically from their kitchen to their home office.
Required Education and Experience
• BSN in Nursing strongly preferred
• A minimum of one (2) years of clinical experience in a Med/Surg, Case Management, and/or home health care
• Hands-on experience with Electronic Medical Records as well as knowledge of Windows desktop and applications is strongly preferred
• Able to exercise initiative, judgment, organization, problem-solving and decision-making skills is a must to be successful in this role
• Skilled in developing and maintaining effective relationships with team members and clients
• Capable of organizing work to achieve daily/weekly goals and objectives
• Excellent verbal, written and listening skills are a must.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change as our product develops to meet the needs of our customers.