Weaver is seeking a Part Time Tax Paraprofessional (Bookkeeper) that will be responsible for performing tax and accounting assignments and helping with any other duties as assigned. Demonstrate a basic understanding of business operations and accounting systems as well as a basic familiarity of accounting standards and tax concepts. We are open to this person having FLEXIBLE HOURS and possibility for TELECOMMUTING.
- Keep supervisors apprised of assignments and scheduling issues on a timely basis
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of business operations and accounting systems
- Assume responsibility for assigned engagements with supervision from more experienced staff.
- Work closely with more experienced staff to identify and resolve issues encountered in performance of various types of assignments through effective and timely communication
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship and demonstrate effective communication with client personnel at appropriate levels
- Maintain appropriate professionalism in client and team interactions
- Develop effective and clear work paper techniques
- Demonstrate an aptitude for budget and deadline considerations and strive for adherence
- Work with direct report manager to develop an appropriate plan of professional development and take responsibility to ensure that plan is executed
Tasks to include:
- Preparation of payroll reports - quarterly and annual reports, federal and state
- Preparation of high volume of various forms 1099
- Monthly and quarterly filing of sales tax reports
- Assist clients with bank reconciliations and other bookkeeping in Weaver offices and at client sites.
- Assist with updating asset/depreciation schedules
- Assist with preparation of work papers and journal entries for clients related to investments, insurance, property tax, profession expense, payroll and other items for accruals
- Recording transactions in QuickBooks or other software for recording transactions
- Some college hours in Accounting or related field preferred
- Equivalent work experience could substitute for college hours
- Public accounting experience highly preferred
- Basic familiarity with accounting standards and tax concepts
- Family office experience a plus
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook
- Proficiency in QuickBooks preferred
Additional skills or experiences considered valuable:
- Knowledge of ProSystem FX Engagement a plus
- Experience with use of Bill.com integrated with QuickBooks or other programs.
- Experience with Desktop QuickBooks, QuickBooks Online, Sage 50 (Peachtree), Xero, Accounting CS, etc.
- Experience preparing GAAP or other basis of accounting compilations
- Knowledge of GAAP and standards related to compiled/reviewed financial statements, in addition to knowledge of tax laws related to payroll, property, franchise, sales tax, and federal income tax.
- Experience with preparation of Forms 1099 - small and large filings
- Experience with Excel at an intermediate level including understanding and ability to use pivot tables, V-Lookups, H-Lookups, If/then statements, etc.
- Experience with preparation of Forms 1095 – Employer Provided Health Insurance Offered and Coverage
- General experience regarding employer responsibilities associated with the Affordable Care Act
- Experience in writing instructions for client tasks and company tasks that can be used as guidelines, checklists, training, etc. for clients and employees
Weaver is an Equal Opportunity Employer