Manager, Plant Finance – Ohm Labs, New Brunswick, New Jersey
Manager is responsible for gathering, analyzing and reporting all aspects relating to Plant Finance. The manager will support activities of multiple locations in New Jersey.
Area of Responsibility
Manage month end closing activates relating to plant finance.
• Report plant MIS to parent company monthly.
• Review actual against budget and identify variance for discussion with plant heads.
• Inventory Analysis: Inventory aging analysis, monitor cycle count process, approval of scrap, review control over inventory movement and destruction, making entries for inventory reserve as per SOP.
• Product Costing: Calculate cost of the product (material/overhead) and provide to management on an as needed basis, yield variance analysis.
• Audits: Support both external and internal audits.
• Budgeting exercise: Responsible for developing the plant budget with details.
• Efficiency project tracking: Work with plant staff and management to identify efficiency project and track the progress.
• Support Manufacturing, Quality and other site functions for plant finance/analysis projects and deliverables.
• Production volume and cost per thousand: Review and analyze cause and impact, escalate to the attention of management.
• Capex/CWIP: Monitor and track Capex projects and report on CWIP.
• Work with general accounting team for obtaining the actuals.
• Follow and establish SOP/DOA and improve business process in plant finance.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Work Conditions/Physical Requirements
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job in an office located in a manufacturing environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and bend. Must be capable of bending and lifting, moving and/or carrying up to approximately 20 pounds.
Must have the ability to navigate office, lab, and/or plant floor working environments, stands, ambulates, and reaches.
Must have the ability to wear applicable personal protective equipment utilized at the site, including but not limited to respirators, safety glasses/goggles, and safety shoes.
Education and Job Qualification
Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and other applications as applicable, plus the ability to learn company used applications as required. Travel requirement: 5%
Disclaimer: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employee within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees as assigned to this job. Nothing herein shall preclude the employer from changing these duties from time to time and assigning comparable duties or other duties commensurate with the experience and background of incumbent(s).