Bell Desk Attendant.
Benefits of working at Banff Centre
- Some of the best staff housing in the Bow Valley
- Staff cafeteria and restaurant discounts
- Onsite fitness facility at a discounted rate – first month free for new staff!
- Discounts for you, your family and friends at our on-site hotels
- Free or reduced admission to Banff Centre performances and events
The Front Office is looking for a friendly and enthusiastic Bell Desk Attendant to help ensure our patrons have a memorable stay . Motivated and customer-service oriented, the Bell Desk Attendant sets a warm and welcoming tone, offering assistance to incoming and departing guests.
- Transportation and storage of guest luggage
- Valet parking of guest vehicles
- Providing on-campus and off-campus shuttle service to guests
- Maintaining a presence in the Lloyd Hall and PDC lobbies and ensuring their cleanliness
- Pick-up and delivery of guest laundry
- Providing guests with local information
- Showing guest rooms, escorting guests to and from rooms as required
- Maintaining a fire in the lobby lounge fireplace
- Relevant duties as assigned by the Front Office leadership team
Qualification and Educational Requirements
- Previous customer service experience
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Physical stamina and the ability to lift and carry heavy luggage
- A valid Alberta driver's license or international equivalent is required
Due to the nature of the job, this position requires the candidate to be available to work a flexible, irregular schedule including evenings and weekends.
Employment Terms & Benefits
In accordance with CUPE 4318, this is a unionized, hourly support staff position, subject to a 500 hour probationary period.
This position pays $15.25 per hour working up to 40 hours per week. The weekly hours will vary based on department needs.
We are accepting applications for the Bell Desk Attendant until a suitable candidate has been found.
Candidates offered a position with Banff Centre, in this capacity, will be required to obtain a criminal record check verifying a clear record before a final job offer can be finalized.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to fostering diversity within its work community. If you are a foreign national please visit our International Applicants page for more information.