Casual Climbing Specialist.
Casual staff work up to 35 hours per month on an on-call basis.
The Sally Borden Fitness and Recreation Centre is looking for a casual Climbing Specialist to assist the Climbing Gym Coordinator with daily operations of the Climbing Gym including climbing course instruction, client services, and equipment safety.
- Provide training to clients on proper climbing procedures, participate in weekly and event route setting, and give safety tests as required.
- Keep inventory of climbing equipment and ensure the safe working order of this equipment.
- Check-in climbing clients and rent climbing equipment.
- Supervise the climbing gym during opening hours to ensure adherence to proper safety rules and procedures.
- Assist with gymnasium, court, and lounge bookings as necessary.
Qualification and Educational Requirements
- Current Canadian qualifications for Standard First Aid, CPR Level "C" and AED, and oxygen administration
- Proven knowledge, skills, and experience in rock climbing
- Previous experience in fitness and recreation and/or climbing gym experience is an asset; Level 1 ACMG Climbing Gym Instructor certification or equivalent is preferred
- Customer service experience and basic computer skills
- Due to the nature of the job, this position requires the candidate to be available to work a flexible, irregular schedule and weekends.
- There are specific clothing requirements for this position.
- Candidates must provide copies of all required qualifications before a final job offer can be made and must re-certify required qualifications if they expire within 6-months of employment
Employment Terms & Benefits
- In accordance with CUPE 4318, this is a unionized, casual support staff position, working up to 35 hours per month on an on-call basis.
- This position pays $18.26 per hour.
- To be considered, you must live in the Bow Valley. This position is not eligible for staff housing.
We are accepting applications for the casual Climbing Specialist until a suitable candidate has been found.
Candidates offered a position with Banff Centre, in this capacity, will be required to obtain a criminal record check verifying a clear record before a final job offer can be finalized.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to fostering diversity within its work community. If you are a foreign national please visit our International Applicants page for more information.