Food and Beverage Supervisor.
Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity is one of the premier culinary destinations in the Bow Valley. The award-winning culinary team is led by Executive Chef, Sébastien Tessier, and Executive Sous-Chef, Santosh Sahoo who are both accredited with the prestigious Certified Chef de Cuisine (CCC). We are proud to boast three fantastic restaurants (Three Ravens Restaurant & Wine Bar, Maclab Bistro and Vistas Dining Room) and a cafe (Le Cafe) where our menus have been inspired by fresh, local ingredients, and are infused with creativity. We also hold numerous Banquets and Receptions throughout the year where our guests are able to experience creative, memorable and inspirational menus that leave a lasting impression.
The Food and Beverage department is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Supervisor to assist in the smooth and efficient operation of food and beverage services across campus, ensuring the delivery of excellent customer service. A hands-on leader, professional in appearance and attitude, the Food and Beverage Supervisor will rotate working in all food and beverage outlets.
- Directing the daily work of all food and beverage employees, ensuring adherence to company policies and the delivery of exceptional customer service
- Participating in the recruitment, selection, and training of staff as needed
- Coordination of banquets and special functions with the Kitchen, ensuring that the banquet functions rooms are set up according to the banquet event orders
- Maintaining the cleanliness and upkeep of all food and beverage areas and equipment at all times
- Daily issuing of cash floats, receiving reconciled cash-outs, and remitting to the Finance department
Qualification and Educational Requirements
- Minimum 3 years' experience in food and beverage service; priority will be given to candidates with experience in fine dining, a la carte, bartending, and banquet set-up and service
- Previous experience leading a team in a food and beverage environment
- Knowledge of Alberta Serve Safe, and completion of Alberta ProServe is required
- Comfortable working knowledge of MS Office and point of sales machines
- A valid Alberta or international equivalent driver's license
- Available for shift work, overtime, and split-shifts as needed
- Due to the nature of the job, this position requires the candidate to be available to work a flexible, irregular schedule and weekends.
- This position will be required to have emergency first aid; training will be provided
Employment Terms & Benefits
- In accordance with the terms of employment governing Management/PSP employees, this is a permanent, full time position, subject to a 6 months probationary period.
- This starting salary for this position is $43,500 annually, working 40 hours per week. The successful candidate will enjoy twenty paid vacation days and four personal days annually, extended medical and dental benefits, and participation in an employer-matched pension plan.
We are accepting applications for the Food and Beverage Supervisor until a suitable a suitable is found.
Candidates offered a position with the Centre, in this capacity, will be required to obtain a criminal record check verifying a clear record before a final job offer can be finalized.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to fostering diversity within its work community. If you are a foreign national please visit our International Applicants page for more information.