About Whitman-Walker Health
At Whitman-Walker, our commitment to “Community, Caring and Quality” really shines through! Our mission is to be the highest quality, culturally competent community health center serving greater Washington’s diverse urban community, including individuals who face barriers to accessing care, and with a special expertise in LGBTQ and HIV care. We offer a full line of healthcare services including: (1) comprehensive outpatient offerings for medical and dental healthcare; (2) an on-site Pharmacy; (3) legal support in the areas of access to health care, public benefits and private insurance, discrimination and workplace rights, immigration, transgender rights and others; (4) behavioral healthcare provided through individual and group therapy; and (5) confidential and anonymous HIV testing and counseling services.
The Client Services Department is WWH’s centralized patient interfacing department. Responsible for assisting patients in the medical, dental, behavioral health and other areas across the health center with accessing care. This position will be responsible for handling all incoming customer calls. This role will responsible to route calls to appropriate staff or departments, provide callers with information, schedules appointments, inputting patient information in eClinical Works (eCW) and other related tasks.
Primary Essential Duties
- Greet and address all internal and external callers in a warm, friendly and professional manner and ensure that every customer receives high quality customer service.
- Process the various types of registration for new clients, and inform callers of how to access various health center services.
- Provide new patients/clients with list of items they will need prior to their appointment.
- Schedule various types of patient appointments in eClinical Works (eCW).
- Performs Two Day Claim Data functions.
- Checks and responds to AM E-Messages.
- Obtains and enters demographic information into eClinical Works (eCW) accurately.
- Provides patient with list of prior appointment items where applicable.
- Completes appointment reminder and appointment reschedule calls when necessary.
- Provide assistance with bump list and other projects as call volume permits.
- Other duties as assigned.
No direct budget responsibilities.
No personnel management responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Talents Required
- Self-motivation, flexibility and the ability to provide support in a fast-paced clinic environment.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to effectively use computer software and technology as required by WWH, including Microsoft Office, Outlook and eClinicalWorks (eCW).
- Ability to handle the fast-paced nature of a "call center" environment.
- Ability to communicate in an effective and professional manner with clients and staff members.
- Excellent telephone and face to face interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively de- escalate difficult client encounters.
- Sensitivity to all areas of diversity, not limited to, HIV status, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and gender identity.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
Education and Experience Required
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience required
- 1-3 experience in health or call center environment preferred.
- Fluency in Medical Terminology preferred.
- Fluency in Spanish as a second language required.
- Experience working with an ethnically, culturally and racially diverse work staff preferred; ability to work harmoniously with diverse groups of individuals required.
Working Conditions: Working conditions for this position are normal for an office environment.
- Lifting: No more than 20 lbs. and infrequently.
- Movement: Standing and sitting for long periods. Mobility between Whitman-Walker facilities and across/between floors.
- Visual: Long periods on computer.
- Concentration: Highly effective concentration is required along with frequent multi-tasking.
- Communication: Direct and indirect communication. Written and verbal acuity. Ability to hear and/or communicate in another manner with clients and staff who speak. Manual dexterity to type and dial phone.
Whitman-Walker is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants, its employees or former employees based on race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and gender identity. For accommodation in the application process, please contact Human Resources.