SUMMARY OF PROGRAM/PROJECT
The CECOM SEC IEW&S ISD provides post-production software support for systems that process and store information about the enemy, terrain, weather and civil considerations in support of its worldwide customers, including Program Executive Officers (PE-Os) and their Project Managers (PMs) and Product Directors (PDs), Headquarters Department of the Army (HQDA) and its components, and other Department of Defense (DoD) elements. ISD supports several Programs of Record (PORs) with all aspects of software sustainment services and, in the future, will support additional new programs .
The DCGS-A Software Engineer will be responsible for:
- Provides functional and empirical analysis related to the design, development, and implementation of software systems, including, but not limited to application software, utility software, development software, and diagnostic software.
- Participates in the development of test strategies, devices, software and systems.
- Solving engineering problems (or managing the solution of engineering problems) in the functional area to which assigned.
- Knowledge, skills and experience in the definition and programming of software in a system of systems environment.
- Knowledge, skills and experience throughout the Software Life Cycle.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or other Engineering or Technical discipline is required.
- Job Experience Required Years of Experience:
- Software Engineer Intermediate: Minimum of 5 years within the last 8 years of applicable experience.
- Software Engineer Journeyman: Minimum of 7 years within the last 10 years of applicable experience.
- Software Engineer Senior: Minimum of 9 years within the last 15 years of applicable experience.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Support system and software test planning development, design, execution, engineering evaluation & analysis and reporting.
- Applied experience with requirements & traceability analysis, functional design,
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Degree in Software Engineering
- Knowledge, skills and experience with developing software for DoD Intelligence & Reconnaissance programs
- Possess strong communication and decision-making skills
- Knowledge of DCGS-A and its’ components
- Knowledge, skills and experience with Java, C#, HTML, JSP, SoapUI, J2EE, Tomcat, Axis, AJAX, Java Universal Network/Graph (JUNG).
- Knowledge, skill and experience with Agile software development
- Knowledge of CECOM Software Engineering Center practices and procedures
- Proficient with MS Office
Security Clearance Requirement:
- Must be a US Citizen
- DoD Active Top Secret / SCI security clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or other Engineering or Technical discipline is required
Work Location: Aberdeen Proving Grounds MD
Technatomy Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Technatomy Corporation to afford equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability or veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.