SUMMARY OF PROGRAM/PROJECT
The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Program Executive Office (PEO), J62, Enterprise Application Support mission requires providing consolidated application support and technical services to Information Technology (IT) programs and projects across the DLA IT Enterprise.
This consolidated application support includes, but is not limited to, application database administration, application-level web system administration, and technical support for up to an estimated 300 DLA Applications/Systems hosted in production, test, development, and/or staging environments hosted in government or commercial cloud and on-premise environments.
The technology environment includes the following applications and projects:
- Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) applications include: Oracle WebLogic Server, Oracle Identity Management, Oracle Business Intelligence Publisher, Oracle Access Manager, Oracle Fusion Middleware, Business Objects, ArcSight, Autodesk License Manager, GFMS/Keybox, IBM Tririga, Keystone, Keywatcher, Lenel, Adobe AdHoc, IIS, Apache/Tomcat, Worldspace, DB2, as well as working with Operating Systems currently in use on DLA’s network (examples: UNIX Oracle Solaris 10, Windows, Windows Server, and Red Hat Enterprise).
POSITION DESCRIPTION (Duties and Responsibilities):
We are currently seeking an Oracle Middleware Administrator to work for our company. The ideal candidate for this position will be responsible for a wide variety of functions to include but not limited to:
- Application database “middleware” administration support enabling integration of systems and applications across the enterprise
- Provide application administration support for new and existing Oracle Fusion Middleware components (Oracle WebLogic Server, Oracle Identity Management, Oracle Business Intelligence Publisher, Oracle Access Manager)
- Use Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) to monitor, secure, install, upgrade, configure, measure, and maintain Application Server integrity through active analysis of performance measures.
- Install, configure and patch of Oracle Weblogic products in high-availability environments.
- Provide expertise of Oracle FMW deployment topologies, integration patterns, best practices, and architectures to support mission critical and high availability implementations.
- Research new security threats and maintain security standards on all Application Server implementations.
- Develop tests and procedures to regularly assess the health of database schemas; take corrective measures where appropriate.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS DESIRED:
- Five (5) years of progressive experience of database query languages such as Oracle, PL SQL, SQL Server, and MS Access.
- At least three (3) years of hands-on experience and expertise in Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS). Experience also shall include capability to work on various operating systems and additional programming languages.
- Has experience in at least two (2) projects in a large organization responsible for administering, operating, maintaining, and securing a large-scale computer database.
- Two (2) years of experience in supporting DOD IT development programs in the areas of program management (PM), systems engineering (SE) related functional/technical quality, cost analysis (CA), and configuration management (CM) assessments and audits of DOD IT program lifecycle requirements, documents, and data and their compliance with DOD acquisition policies and regulations
Bachelor’s Degree Desired (not required)
- Must have one or more DoD 8570 / 8140 IAT Level II Certification:
- IAT II (CCNA Security, CySA **, GICSP, GSEC, Security +CE, SSCP) or
- IAT III (CASP+CE, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, GCIH)
- Must possess certificate in one of the following computing environments: SQL, Oracle, Microsoft
Security Clearance Requirement:
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must possess a DoD Secret Clearance.
May work remotely. Will require travel to a DoD RAPIDS office for CAC issuance and travel to any DLA location for laptop issue.
Technatomy Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Technatomy Corporation to afford equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability or veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.