The Logistics Cataloging and Data Solutions (LCDS) Portfolio consists of multiple programs including the Federal Logistics Information System Application Suite, DLA Map Catalog (MapCat), Training Assessment System (TAS), Training Portal and Training Request Form. The scope of the work will be project management, operations, development and sustainment support for applications within the DLA FLIS Suite, MapCat, TAS and Training Portal. Support will be provided for the full range of lifecycle/technical support services in the effort to sustain and enhance the applications/services. This includes tasks for, but are not limited to, application server administration, application database administration, technical support, project support, technical design, development, implementation, compliance, cybersecurity, configuration management support, systems engineering support, architectural support, and test and documentation support.
POSITION DESCRIPTION (Duties and Responsibilities):
Ensures the stable operation of the in-house computer software systems and network connections. Responsibilities of the position will include, but not be limited to:
- Planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network software and communication links.
- Analyzing and resolving end user software program and connectivity issues.
- Providing end user training.
- Provide recommendations on technology direction to align with the customer’s business vision.
- Provide remote and local maintenance support to various operational systems deployed at more than one location.
- Supporting general maintenance, upgrades, and new installs of servers and applications.
- Applying advanced technical knowledge of application networking, including load balancing applications, and ensuring fault tolerance.
- Performing vulnerability management
- Approximately 5% of work will be supported during non-core hours.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS - REQUIRED:
Candidate must be able to demonstrate experience and expertise in several of the following areas:
- Support all installation, implementation, administration and maintenance of hosting environments including COOP
- Capture performance issues; recommend, plan and implement applications upgrades, updates and enhancements including deployment tasks in the various environments (e.g., DEV, STAGE and PROD)
- Troubleshoot to resolve application related problems and coordinate problem resolutions
- Implement systems at a Government-specified location to include a COOP and backup site
- Ensure all mission hardware, software operating systems and applications are up to date by installing the proper security, upgrade and functional patches in accordance with the configuration management plan and DOD security policies
- Provide for routine backup and configuration management, including all equipment and software as necessary to keep performance within acceptable tolerances.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Seven (7) years of progressive experience in the field of Information Processing, six of which are specialized in numerous specialized Information Processing disciplines involving a range of hardware/software solutions, four of which are concentrated, hand-on experience in installing, configuring, maintaining, and resolving issues with various software.
- Bachelor’s Degree (desired)
- Contractor site or remote
- Preferred locations are Battle Creek, MI; Columbus, OH and Washington DC / Northern VA metro area