SUMMARY OF PROGRAM/PROJECT
The Logistics Cataloging and Data Solutions (LCDS) Portfolio consists of multiple programs including the Federal Logistics Information System Application Suite, DLA Map Catalog (MapCat), Training Assessment System (TAS), Training Portal and Training Request Form. The scope of the work will be project management, operations, development and sustainment support for applications within the DLA FLIS Suite, MapCat, TAS and Training Portal. Support will be provided for the full range of lifecycle/technical support services in the effort to sustain and enhance the applications/services. This includes tasks for, but are not limited to, application server administration, application database administration, technical support, project support, technical design, development, implementation, compliance, cybersecurity, configuration management support, systems engineering support, architectural support, and test and documentation support.
POSITION DESCRIPTION (Duties and Responsibilities):
The Database Administrator provides all activities related to the administration of computerized databases.
- Projects long-range requirements for database administration and design in conjunction with other managers in the information systems function.
- Designs, creates, and maintains databases in a web/client/server environment.
- Conducts quality control and auditing of databases in a web/client/server environment to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data.
- Advises users on access to various web/client/server databases.
- Designs, implements, and maintains complex databases with respect to access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods.
- Applies knowledge and experience with database technologies, development methodologies, and front-end /back-end programming languages (e.g., SQL).
- Performs database programming and supports systems design.
- Includes maintenance of database dictionaries, overall monitoring of standards and procedures, file design and storage, and integration of systems through database design.
- Approximately 5% of work will be supported during non-core hours.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS - REQUIRED:
Candidate must be able to demonstrate experience and expertise in several of the following areas:
- Install, configure and upgrade system software and related products
- Establish and maintain backup and recovery policies and procedures
- Implement and maintain database security (create and maintain users and roles, assign privileges)
- Perform database tuning and performance monitoring
- Setup and maintain documentation and standards
- Plan growth and changes (capacity planning)
- Perform general technical trouble shooting
- Manage patches and control versions
- Ability to follow schedule and meet deadlines
- Create and administer application databases
- Ensure that the database operates efficiently and without error
- Make and test modifications to the database structure when needed
- Maintain the database and update permissions
- Perform application tuning and performance monitoring
- Provide support for specific applications using databases
- Provide support for data replication and migrations
- Backup and restore data to prevent data loss
- Ensure that organizational data are secure
- Ensure the integrity of the database, guaranteeing that the data stored in it come from reliable sources
- Plan security measures, making sure that data are secure from unauthorized access.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Five (5) years progressive experience of database query languages such as Oracle, PL SQL, SQL Server, and MS Access.
- Also has at least three years hands-on experience and expertise in Relational Database Management Systems with Oracle, SQL Server and DB2 preferred.
- Experience also shall include capability to work on various operating systems and additional programming languages.
- Has experience in at least two projects in a large organization responsible for administering, operating, maintaining, and securing a large-scale computer database.
- Bachelor’s Degree (desired)
- At least one of: CompTIA Security+ CE, CSA+, GICSP, GSEC, SSCP or CCNA-Security IAW DoD 8570.01M Baseline Certification requirements
- At least of: DB2; M2008 SQL 8; MCITP DBA; MCITP DBD; MCM: MS SQL Server 2008; MCA: MS SQL Server, MCSE:DP, MCSM:DP, MCSA:SQL2008, M2012 SQL, or Oracle OCP IAW DoD 8570.01 Computing Environment Certification requirements
- Active Secret minimum, Top Secret desired
- U.S. Citizenship required, ability to maintain a DoD security clearance.
- Contractor site or remote
- Preferred locations are Battle Creek, MI; Columbus, OH and Washington DC / Northern VA metro area
Technatomy Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Technatomy Corporation to afford equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability or veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.