SUMMARY OF PROGRAM/PROJECT
The Logistics Cataloging and Data Solutions (LCDS) Portfolio consists of multiple programs including the Federal Logistics Information System Application Suite, DLA Map Catalog (MapCat), Training Assessment System (TAS), Training Portal and Training Request Form. The scope of the work will be project management, operations, development and sustainment support for applications within the DLA FLIS Suite, MapCat, TAS and Training Portal. Support will be provided for the full range of lifecycle/technical support services in the effort to sustain and enhance the applications/services. This includes tasks for, but are not limited to, application server administration, application database administration, technical support, project support, technical design, development, implementation, compliance, cybersecurity, configuration management support, systems engineering support, architectural support, and test and documentation support.
POSITION DESCRIPTION (Duties and Responsibilities):
The Application Programmer position provides support to large-scale DBMS application environments and requires knowledge of computer equipment, and the ability to develop complex software to satisfy design objectives. Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Analyze functional business applications and design specifications for applicable functional areas such as finance, accounting, personnel, manpower, logistics, and contracts.
- Develop block diagrams and logic flowcharts.
- Translate detailed designs into computer software.
- Design, code, test, debug, and refine the computer software to produce the required product.
- Prepare required documentation, including both program-level and user-level documentation.
- Enhance software to reduce operating time and improve efficiency.
- Provide technical direction to programmers, as required, to ensure that program deadlines are met.
- Devise or modify procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS - REQUIRED:
Candidate must be able to demonstrate experience and expertise in several of the following areas:
- Provide technical change support, post-Production support, environment sustainment support, technical/application support and application database administration support
- Provide troubleshooting, problem resolution, root cause analysis and support for sustainment functions for the Test and Development, Stage, Production, and Continuity of Operations (COOP) application environments
- Developing, updating and maintaining lifecycle support documentation
- Analyze, review and monitor applications performance to identify operational issues and potential problems
- Coordinate solutions to problems and recommend changes to enhance applications performance
- Provide direct support in the availability ensuring that environments/applications/services are correctly sized and tuned
- Correct faults, improve performance, and adapt the applications to changing organizational and technical environments
- Provide support for major or minor upgrades, modernizations, migrations or other required technical efforts required in support of continuous process improvement, innovation efforts, changes in policy or law or other initiatives to the operational environment(s) including new development
- Code/configure new and/or existing software in accordance with the Government provided coding standard based on the software platform
- Design/develop, enhance and debug software; address issues with systems integrations, compatibility and platforms; work with project teams and end users to ensure applications meet requirements; recommend application software packages, application integration and testing tools as appropriate; resolve problems; participate in development of appropriate documentation
- Support agile approaches
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Six (6) years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (desired)
- Desire at least one of: CompTIA Security+ CE, CSA+, GICSP, GSEC, SSCP or CCNA-Security IAW DoD 8570.01M Baseline Certification requirements
- Require at least one relevant industry certification from a nationally recognized technical. Examples include: WebMethods, MCSD, Java SE 7/8 Programmer
- Active Secret
- U.S. Citizenship required, ability to maintain a DoD security clearance.
- Contractor site or remote
- Preferred locations are Battle Creek, MI; Columbus, OH and Washington DC / Northern VA metro area
Technatomy Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Technatomy Corporation to afford equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability or veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.