ELIZABETH GLASER PEDIATRIC AIDS FOUNDATION
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is a recognized global leader in the fight against HIV/AIDS. In its work to eliminate pediatric AIDS through research, advocacy, and prevention and treatment programs, EGPAF currently supports national, district, and local governments, facilities, communities, and non- governmental partners in 15 countries. EGPAF supports service provision for comprehensive HIV care, treatment and prevention programs, and health systems strengthening. EGPAF has worked in Malawi since 2001. Today, EGPAF Malawi implements evidence‐based HIV prevention, care and treatment interventions in 179 health facilities in eight districts through EGPAF’s U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief/U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (PEPFAR/CDC) ‐ funded Achieving HIV Epidemic Control through Scaling Up Quality Testing, Care and Treatment in Malawi. To ensure improved patient care, facilitate epidemic control of HIV, and availability of age and sex disaggregated reporting for improved program management for the Government of Malawi, PEPFAR and MOH are investing in simple electronic reporting within Malawi, to reach 95% of sites supported by PEPFAR by the end of FY20. To meet this need, EGPAF has been requested to support all PEPFAR/CDC EMRS investments.
- Title : Finance Officer – EMR Project
Location : Lilongwe, Malawi
Reporting to : Operations Manager - EMR
- Responsible for supporting all financial and management accounting activities at the Malawi Country Program Office, ensure compliance with EGPAF financial policies and procedures for payments, receipts and cash management, and take the responsibility for the completeness and accuracy of financial accounts for the Country Program.
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations of EGPAF bank accounts. Maintain banking relationship by liaising with relevant bank officials on all matters concerning EGPAF bank accounts and transactions.
- Update the register of authorized bank signatories.
- Provide support in transferring funds from FCDA to Malawi Kwacha Account.
- Ensure compliance with EGPAF financial policies and procedures for all financial transactions.
- Ensure supporting documents are complete before making any payment, review payment and journal vouchers and daily posting of all transactions in the accounting system.
- Prepare monthly cash requests, maintain the cash float, and ensure that the office has adequate funds for operations at all times.
- Assist in preparation of detailed budgets for administration and various projects
- Coaching non-finance staff on relevant financial procedures
- Assist in monitoring the Financial performance of projects including explanation of variances and other analysis of financial information
- Prepare VAT reports and claims.
- Assist on internal & external audit preparations and implementation of recommendations from the audit action plan.
- Ensure all journal entries are completed in an accurate and timely manner in order to run month-end and year-end procedures.
- Ensure EGPAF assets are adequately safeguarded i.e. cash, cheque books.
Required Qualifications, Skills & Key competences:
- Degree in Accounting. Those studying towards attainment of a professional accounting qualification (such as ACCA or CIMA) have an added advantage.
- Should possess relevant accounting experience of not less than 3 years in a busy organization and must have sound knowledge of using computers. Practical experience in using computerized accounting packages will be an added advantage.
- Must have ability to work against tight deadlines in a multi-donor and multi program environment.
- Must have strong analytical and reporting skills with attention to details.
- Should be able to coach and train finance and non-finance staff.
- Must possess high level of integrity, honesty, maturity, diligence, good attitude and commitment towards work.
- Must be a team player with good interpersonal and communication skills.
Closing Date October 12, 2019