To facilitate the acquisition, supply, delivery, storage and disposal of goods & services, as well as logistics operations at optimum cost effective levels in a thoroughly documented, compliant, expeditious and effective manner - and will execute their duties with unyielding integrity.
- Process Improvement / Compliance
- Contribute in the design, development, implementation and maintenance of contextualized procurement, purchasing, logistics and distribution operating procedures and guidelines achieving the most cost effective and efficient processes for procurement & logistics in order to attain operational excellence
- Liaise with other operations departments as well as programs in procurement & logistics execution to ensure an integrated internal controls framework, enabling consultative, transparent, technically proficient and compliant procurement decisions
- Guided by a solid grasp of applicable government, organizational and donor rules and regulations, provide guidance, advice and technical opinions on policy interpretations, contract matters and donor mandates in the realm of procurement & logistics.
- Collate and share best practices in procurement & logistics from networks, trainings, workshops and conferences, et cetera to ensure a dynamic and relevant procurement & logistics function.
- Vendor Relationship Management
- Coordinating sourcing strategies and developing - through a full and open process – a comprehensive supplier base for the supply of goods and services, constantly researching to ensure a reliable and competitive vendor base
- Develop, manage and maintain an arm’s length relationship with vendors at all levels; will ensure that EGPAF suppliers for goods & services fulfill their obligations in a timely fashion, are paid on a timely basis, and that any disputes arising are managed in a professional, procedural and consultative manner
- Negotiate with vendors to facilitate EGPAF’s compliance with USG regulations on non-payment of VAT; will vigorously pursue outstanding VAT exemption claims, reimbursement checks from vendors and will maintain and report on the VAT exemption status on a quarterly basis
- Prepare and review supplier evaluations/bids analysis, requests for awards, purchase orders, contracts for services and other procurement documents, ensuring strict adherence to applicable procedures, accuracy and completeness of procurement supporting documents
- Generate and disseminate complete, accurate and relevant monthly procurement reports on user friendly, standardized templates to support project management decision making
- Identify and/or solicit organizational filing needs, matching them with existing resources and when necessary, implementing innovative, cost effective solutions to match the growing needs; will also manage EGPAF’s archive documentation in a systematic/orderly and secure manner to ensure strict conformance with applicable document retention provisions
- Facilitate the development and dissemination of procurement & logistics checklists, templates and other tools – ensuring a standardized implementation across all EGPAF offices
- Asset & Supplies Management
- Ensure availability of supplies by maintaining a comprehensive inventory of supplies (both EGPAF & site support supplies) and conducts periodic/surprise audits of procured supplies as an additional documented internal control measure
- Establish & coordinate an overall, synchronized projects’ supplies annual procurement plan, thereby minimizing ad hoc procurements, and aiding projects’ to better manage planned procurements and expenditures’
- Act as property manager for office assets, coordinating their purchasing based on assessed needs, systematic tagging, insurance (and related claims processes), annual documented physical verification and disposal at close out per project specific disposal provisions
- Secure supplies and assets by implementing security system measures and providing a clean and safe supplies storage environment
- Fleet Management
Provide high level fleet management advice including optimal scheduling, documented analytic reports on vehicle usage logs vis a vis satellite tracking information, fuel consumption reports and master calendar for all vehicles
- Staff Management & Supervision
- Ensure, delegating as appropriate, that each offices’ procurement & logistics function is adequately staffed, managed and resourced
- Ensure development, update and adherence to procurement & logistics policies and procedures at all office levels
- Assist in recruitment of procurement & logistics staff and building of department’s staff capacity
- Conduct performance appraisals for procurement & logistics staff and ensure relevant and up to date job descriptions at all times
- Promote learning and development amongst procurement & logistics staff through on-job trainings, mutually agreed upon professional development courses/tuition and coaching and generally motivate staff to improve performance
- Lead procurement & logistics team by example in terms of work ethic, skills, knowledge development and integrity
- Other Responsibilities
- Liaise with EGPAF HQ and Regional departments as needed to enhance efficiency, effectiveness and compliance
- Updates and disseminates knowledge by studying existing and new regulations, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications and maintaining personal networks
- Ensure continuous innovations, adoption of best practices and regular reviews of procurement & logistics operations for optimal efficiency
- Recommend any additional procurement & logistics procedures/guidelines to the Director of Operations for review, approval and adoption
- Analyze risk areas in procurement & logistics operations and recommend mitigating solutions
- Minimum Business related degree and a diploma in purchasing and supplies management
- Minimum five years working in donor funded project accounting (preferably USG funded) at a senior level
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Uncompromising Integrity
- A wide understanding and experience working with USG funded projects
- Experience with commodity management tracking systems
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills
- Well developed interpersonal skills and experience developing staff by assessing development needs, coaching and delivering training
- Strategic thinking, able to work in team settings and to provide suitable leadership therein
- IT Savvy, including accounting soft wares
- Willingness to travel (at least once a month)
The Foundation expects all employees to possess the fundamental competencies of interpersonal skills, communication, accountability, continual learning, and driving results. The ideal candidate will either be proficient or advanced in the following set of competencies, specific to this position’s level of Manager:
- Developing Others – Developing others is a person’s ability to perform and contribute to the organization by providing ongoing feedback and by providing opportunities to learn through formal and informal methods.
- Managing Conflict – Managing conflict is a person’s ability to encourage creative tension and differences of opinions. He/she will anticipate and take steps to prevent counter-productive confrontations while resolving conflicts and disagreements in a constructive manner.
- Managing People – Managing people is a person’s ability to build and manage workforce based on organization goals, budget, considerations, and staff needs. He/she will ensure that employees are appropriately recruited, selected, appraised, and rewarded. He/she will also manage a multi-cultural workforce and a variety of workforce situations.
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EGPAF complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Foundation has facilities.