Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
TITLE: Program Coordinator, New Business Development
LOCATION: Washington, DC
CLASSIFICATION: Non-exempt, full-time
The New Business Team is recruiting a dependable, enthusiastic, and resourceful early career professional to support EGPAF’s New Business Development efforts. The ideal candidate will bring previous exposure to global health, or a strong interest in learning more as well as experience working in a cross-cultural office environment. S/he will have exceptional written communication, detail orientation, and strong organizational skills as well as a track record of working well under pressure and with tight deadlines.
The New Business Team engages staff to produce high quality proposals for multiple donors. The Program Coordinator will provide logistical and administrative support to the New Business Development Unit, including direct support to the Vice President of New Business Development. S/he will support the NBD Unit in day-to-day operations and contribute to new and ongoing initiatives as requested.
- Provide support during the proposal process, working directly with proposal managers and field-based staff.
- Contribute towards, track, and organize selected proposal documents.
- Copyedit and format narrative proposal pieces, many of which include scientific and technical language.
- Format and copyedit documents, materials, charts, tables, and PowerPoint presentations for unit staff, as requested.
- Perform desk research and prepare relevant materials for internal and external meetings with staff, donors, potential funders, and other key groups or individuals.
- Support knowledge management and Salesforce data.
- Contribute to new and ongoing special initiatives as requested.
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the Vice President of New Business Development.
- Plan for all NBD unit meetings and events.
- Set up, schedule, and coordinate numerous meetings and conference calls; prepare and distribute agenda. Take minutes as requested and finalize/summarize for distribution.
- Maintain electronic and paper New Business Development Unit files. Update and maintain NBD master calendar.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Strong and demonstrable proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and efficiently provide support and assistance to co-workers.
- Strong organizational skills, with ability to prioritize, take initiative, and follow-through.
- Familiarity and interest in Public Health or related field preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently under time pressure, prioritize and multi-task effectively.
The Foundation expects all employees to possess the fundamental competencies of interpersonal skills, communication, accountability, continual learning, and driving results. The ideal candidate will either be proficient or advanced in the following set of competencies, specific to this position’s level of Individual Contributor:
- Problem Solving – Problem solving is a person’s ability to use critical thinking to identify and analyze problems, weigh relevance and accuracy of information, generate and evaluate alternative solutions, and makes recommendations.
- Flexibility – Flexibility is a person’s ability to be open to change and new information and rapidly adapt to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles.
- Resilience – Resilience is a person’s ability to deal effectively with pressure, remain optimistic and persistent under adversity, and recover quickly from setbacks.
- Time Management – Time management is a person’s ability to effectively manage one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EGPAF complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Foundation has facilities.