"Sometimes in life there is that moment when it's possible to make a change for the better. This is one of those moments."
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 16 countries and at over 7,000 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 1,000—nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to implement prevention, care, and treatment; further advance innovative research; and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide.
Job title: Grants Officer
Primary manager: Grants Management Coordinator
Location: Arusha, Dodoma, Tabora. (local candidates strongly preferred)
Grants Officer in the provision of contract and sub-agreement support to EGPAF Tanzania’s program and ensures compliance with the terms and conditions of the Foundation’s awards, applicable EGPAF and US Federal Government audit, cost and administrative principles and regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Compliance review, monitoring and support:
- Participate in developing compliance review and monitoring plans with GMC and ensure they are properly implemented.
- Facilitation and execution of compliance review/monitoring plan on quarterly bases as per country monitoring plan
- Facilitation and execution of risk assessment on annually bases to and pre award assessment to new partners.
- Advise grants management coordinator on any potential risk within the respective portfolio.
- Tracking and ensuring all outstanding compliance findings are addressed and resolved in a timely manner
- Maintaining property register and tracking of each assets as maintained by Subgrantee in respective portfolio as to Foundation policy
- Advice senior grant manager on the audit requirement for all sub grantee under the respective portfolio on annually bases as per USG rules and regulations.
- Supporting and ensuring sustainable partnership between EGPAF and the sub recipient management.
- Monitors sub recipient performance to ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of award.
- Provides on-going assistance to sub recipients to administer their sub agreements compliant with all terms and conditions.
- Manages the sub agreement close out process.
Filling and documentation:
- Provides information’s for updating contracts/grants information management systems, including Award materials, letters, Correspondences and update the profile tab, Compliance tab, Amendment tab and close out tab for sites assigned.
- Ensure all C&G documents of the respective portfolio (electronic and paper) are complete, updated, and organized.
- Ensure all CGIS information is updated and accurate to all sub awardees under the respective portfolio
- Facilitation and ensuring that each sub recipient under the portfolio has complete and updated program file.
Cash flow management:
- Ensure each Sub Awardee has sufficient funds, within the limitations of their contract, at all times.
- Submit all cash requests for each sub awardee on a monthly basis and in a timely manner.
- Monitors sub recipients’ expenditures against approved budget and program objectives and ensure that Cash Request Checklist is completed for each Cash Request.
- Advise the senior grants manager on the cash flow risk within the portfolio.
- Manage budget versus actual expenses on monthly bases within the respective portfolio.
- Ensure each Sub Awardee has an active contract at all times.
- Ensure Sub Awardees adhere to contractual and donor regulations at all times.
- Assist in Pre-Award assessment process and ensures organizations have the capacity to appropriately manage a Sub Award.
- Oversees the negotiation of sub agreement terms and conditions and prepares final sub
- Works closely with contractual, financial and technical staff and provides guidance as necessary on sub agreement requirements.
- Provides technical assistance to office staff to support country program activities in compliance with EGPAF and donor policies and regulations.
- Ensure amendments to contract are developed and processed in a timely manner as needed.
- Addresses problems or concerns with management of Sub Awards in a timely and effective manner.
- Advise on the proper funding mechanism of the respective portfolio
- Assist the Grants management coordinator and Senior Grants Manager in providing capacity facilitation on USG, Sub Award, EGPAF, and donor regulations and financial management to Subgrantee including, but not limited to - Startup Training, Initial Training, Orientation of Sub Awardees, Renewal Workshops, and Annual Trainings.
- Providing technical assistance to sub recipient key personnel on the daily administrative and financial procedures.
- Assesses C&G policies and procedures on an on-going basis to identify and propose new procedures, policies or changes as needed, in addition to monitoring the implementation of existing C&G policies to ensure they are being properly adhered to.
- Provide ad hoc reports to Grants management Coordinator or EGPAF staff regarding C&G activities in a timely and accurate manner.
- Any other relevant duties as assigned by the Grants management Coordinator.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or business administration
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- CPA will be preferred
- At least 5 years’ experience in similar position.
HOW TO APPLY
EGPAF is an equal opportunities employer and the position is open to all. Qualified candidates should submit a CV, cover letter and relevant Certificates explaining how the experience detailed in the CV will contribute to the requirements of the position and references to EGPAF.
Submissions to be sent to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric Aids Foundation,
P.O. BOX 1628,
Oysterbay, Haile Selasie Road Plot # 8 & 10,
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 20th October 2016.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.