We are looking for local independent contractors (1099 position) to perform exterior & interior residential property inspections. No license or certification is required for the type of inspections we do – we provide the training and ongoing support you’ll need.
Inspectors are paid a flat fee per completed inspection (no mileage or expenses are paid). Compensation varies by location and type of inspection.
Uncapped earning potential - this is a great opportunity to earn some extra income!
The inspector’s primary focus is to photograph and document the condition of the property, identify any visible hazards and determine occupancy. In addition, inspectors determine building type, materials and measure the exterior of homes.
Using Millennium’s proprietary software, inspectors sketch the home’s footprint, upload pictures, report any hazards and answer client specific questions.
Contact with homeowners and/or tenants may be required for some inspection types. Daytime availability is required for this role.
Tools & Requirements:
- Reliable transportation
- Cell phone with GPS (certain states only)
- Reliable personal computer with Windows and high speed internet access (Chrome, Safari, Firefox)
- Digital camera with minimum 5x optical zoom (even if you plan to use our cell phone app)
- 5-6’ Camera pole
- 10-12” diameter measuring wheel or 100’ measuring tape
- Auto insurance on any vehicle used for inspection services (proof required)
- Ability to deliver quality work while meeting firm deadlines
- Ability to organize and prioritize work assignments
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Critical thinking skills
- Attention to detail
- Intermediate PC skills
- Familiarity with mapping software
- Basic understanding of building types & materials
Inspection, field survey, construction or real estate experience highly preferred but not required.