We are looking for local independent contractors (1099 position) to perform exterior & interior residential property inspections. No license or certification is required for the type of inspections we do – we provide all the training and ongoing support you’ll need to succeed!
Inspectors are paid a flat fee per completed inspection. Compensation varies by location and type of inspection.
Earning potential is uncapped - this is a great opportunity for anyone looking to earn some extra income!
The inspector’s primary focus is to photograph and document the condition of the property, identify any visible hazards and determine occupancy. In addition, inspectors determine building type, materials and measure the exterior of homes.
Using Millennium’s proprietary software, inspectors sketch the home’s footprint, upload pictures, report any hazards and answer client specific questions.
Contact with homeowners and/or tenants may be required for some inspection types.
Tools & Requirements:
- Reliable transportation
- Cell phone with GPS (certain states only)
- Reliable personal computer with Windows and high speed internet access (Mac OS and tablets are not system compatible)
- Digital camera with minimum 5x optical zoom (cell phones or tablets cannot be used)
- 5-6’ Camera pole
- 10-12” diameter measuring wheel or 100’ measuring tape
- Maintain auto insurance on any vehicle used for inspection services (proof required).
- Ability to deliver quality work while meeting firm deadlines
- Ability to organize and prioritize work assignments
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Critical thinking skills
- Attention to detail
- Intermediate PC skills
- Familiarity with mapping software
- Basic understanding of building types & materials
Inspection, field survey, construction or real estate experience preferred but not required