For over 50 years, IQAir has been a leader in improving indoor air quality in residential, commercial and institutional markets. IQAir’s vision is to assist people
in living longer, healthier lives by providing products and services to help them breathe cleaner, healthier air. For our North American headquarters, located in
La Mirada, California, we have an immediate opening for a Solutions Engineer.
The Solutions Engineer is responsible for new business development and sales management of all potential and existing IQAir customers.
The primary objective of this position is to cold call potential new opportunities who are a natural partner to the products IQAir has to offer. The secondary objective of this position is to manage those member accounts to ensure they have enough collateral and product training to provide ongoing interest in our products with their customers.
The Solutions Engineer reports to the Business Development Director regarding territory development, sales results, and plans of action. Additionally, this position plays a vital role in fostering the company’s reputation and image while promoting products in a highly professional, ethical, and knowledgeable manner.
Our corporate office is based out of La Mirada, California; this position is 45% in the office and 55% travel (customer visits, trade shows and symposiums).
- New business development skills (prospecting and closing) are key to meeting IQAir sales objectives and is a primary function of this role
- The ability to manage, plan, set and monitor company goals and sales activities as well as work effectively under pressure in dealing with multiple priorities simultaneously
- Technical background to facilitate discussions with all customer types
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- High-attention-to-detail, flexibility, follow-through and organizational skills
- A high level of professionalism and positive attitude a must!
- Daily and on-going prospecting and potential and existing customer communication to meet sales goals
- Meet and exceed assigned metrics and sales goals. This will be accomplished by actively pursuing new lead opportunities and by effectively establishing strong business relationships with our current client base
- Use NetSuite CRM program daily to update customer notes, sales, etc.
- Monitor and track sales of IQAir products and effectively and proactively communicate to IQAir leadership
- Effectively identify emerging markets for growth opportunity
- Manage designated IQAir accounts, looking for opportunities to increase sales through relationship building, product education training and site visits
- Determine product forecasts, identify sales trends and market opportunities, and develop new accounts
- Oversee and manage customer relationships to insure customer satisfaction, future sales growth and customer loyalty
- Proactively communicate new product offerings, market changes, and sales information to the assigned customer base
- Encourage, influence, and guide clients in learning and improving effectiveness in their communication process about IQAir products
- Use a consultative business approach to establish long-term business partnerships
- Knowledge, insight, and understanding of industry technologies
- Provide monthly sales forecasting and field activities
- Travel to trade shows, customers and prospects as needed
- Other projects as assigned
- 5+years of progressive sales experience, with the majority of experience in business development sales and cold calling
- Demonstrated, successful experience with telephone and in-person prospecting
- Highly effective communication skills, capable of adapting communication style to a varied audience
- Ability to sell to multiple customer types Experience with and knowledge of HVAC and/or indoor air quality industry preferred
- Proven demonstration of problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent time management and organization skills; ability to follow through and resolve outstanding issues in a timely manner
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience.
May be required to attend and participate in professional development activities both in and outside the company to stay abreast of new developments and best practices.
What IQAir offers
- Work in a small, flexible international team
- Extensive on the job training and professional development
- Company with a strong value system
- 50 year history of excellence
- A competitive salary and benefits package that includes:
- medical, dental & vision 100% subsidized for team member
- 401K Plan with company match
- On-site gym
- A slide!
- Weekly catered lunches
and much more!