Web Developer II
For over 50 years, IQAir has been a leader in improving indoor air quality in residential, commercial and institutional markets. IQAir’s vision is to assist people in living longer, healthier lives by providing products and services to help them breathe cleaner, healthier air. For our North American headquarters, located in La Mirada, California, we have an immediate opening for a Web Developer II.
The Web Applications Developer II is to be responsible for developing innovative, reusable Web-based tools to integrate closely with our line of air purifier products and support company wide web/online marketing efforts .
This position will be a subject matter expert in standard concepts, practices, and procedures for designing and creating innovative and interactive web applications using the latest standards, testing them on various devices, and enhancing and modifying them as necessary to ensure the best experience for the end-user.
A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. Stays abreast of standards and industry changes in software and hardware upgrades and regularly informs manager, so that IQAir stays up-to-date on all platforms.
- High-attention-to-detail with excellent follow through and organizational skills
- Professional with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Attention to elegant design, performance, user experience, scalability, clean and documented code is required
- 508, internationalization skills, and mastery of variations on web platforms are a must
- Ability to work quickly and effectively under pressure and to efficiently deal with multiple priorities simultaneously will be the key to success in this position
- Visually able to communicate the product or service in a manner that will appeal to the target audience, while supporting the IQAir brand and image
- A positive attitude a must!
- Work with colleagues and Project Managers to build and refine functionality for web applications, developing Drupal websites from initial installation through configuration and theming.
- Support various marketing automation & SEO initiatives (i.e., auto-mailer, integration with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, etc.)
- Create customized objects to meet specific business needs, including tables, fields and forms in NetSuite.
- Develop innovative, reusable Web-based tools for our line of air purifier products
- Develop custom code and scripts to support custom customer functionality in NetSuite, IQAir’s ERP system.
- Work closely with Project Managers and other members of the Development Team to both develop detailed specification documents with clear project deliverables and timelines, and to ensure timely completion of deliverables
- Produce project estimates during R&D process, including expertise required, total number of people required, total number of development hours required, etc
- Convert raw images and layouts from a graphic designer into CSS/HTML 5 themes
- Determine appropriate architecture, and other technical solutions, and make relevant recommendations to R&D
- Communicate to the Project Manager with efficiency and accuracy any progress and/or delays. Engage in outside-the-box thinking to provide high value-of-service to clients
- Alert colleagues to emerging technologies or applications and the opportunities to integrate them into operations and activities
- Attend meetings during the R&D process and during development
- Other projects as assigned
- Must be able to communicate in English both verbally and in written form
- 2-5 years of development experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, a related field or equivalent experience
- Superior CMS Knowledge (Drupal 8, WordPress etc.)
- NetSuite SuiteScript skills is a plus.
- Excellent Microsoft .NET Framework environment skills (including: Visual Studio, C#). Other Frameworks knowledge/experience like AngularJS, React etc. is a plus
- Superior knowledge of MS Office Outlook, Excel & Word
May be required to attend and participate in professional development activities both in and outside the company to stay abreast of new developments and best practices.
What IQAir offers
- Work in a small, flexible international team
- Extensive on the job training and professional development
- Company with a strong value system
- 50 year history of excellence
- A competitive salary and benefits package that includes:
- medical, dental & vision 100% subsidized for team member
- 401K Plan with company match
- On-site gym
- A slide!
- Weekly catered lunches