Hudson River HealthCare provides the highest quality of comprehensive primary, preventative and behavioral health services to all who see it, regardless of insurance status and ability to pay, especially for the underserved and vulnerable. Hudson River HealthCare (“HRHCare”) is a Federally Qualified, Non-Profit Health Center serving communities in Suffolk, Rockland, Orange, Dutchess, Ulster, Sullivan, Columbia and Westchester County. HRHCare is currently seeking a full-time Clinical Assistant/Patient Representative to join our team in Peekskill.
A Clinical Assistant/Patient Representative renders assistance to patients and professional staff, within an assigned unit of the Center or authorized community site, in support of medical care as directed by the nursing and medical staff and pursuant to the objectives and policies of the Center. Performs job duties in compliance with systems and job specific standards. Performs any additional jobs or duties as assigned. Responsible for providing patient centered care and facilitating patient access to services in a pleasant, knowledgeable efficient manner, communicating with a diverse population using well-developed interpersonal skills. This staff member will be responsible for all aspects of the registration and appointment process for patients. The staff member plays an integral role in the medical care team as the access point for patients to receive care. Performs job duties in compliance with systems and job specific standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Clinical Assistant/Patient Representative:
- Completes the rooming process and takes vital signs, vision, and/or hearing tests, record patient data in eCW, (laboratory results, pain level, PEAS, PhQ, Smoke status, etc.) Document reason for visit.
- Perform in-house labs, collect specimens for out-side labs (ex. Pap,cultures,etc) perform quality control in accordance with organizational protocols.
- Keeps clinical area stocked and in good order. Assures that all dated material is kept current and disposes of outdated supplies.
- Cleans and sterilizes all equipment and logs each time this service is performed.
- Perform basic clerical work in service area; answer phones in appropriate manner, communicate problems/concerns to nurse; handle telephone inquires
- Ensures all appropriate logs are maintained.
- Assists with daily reception activities and ensuring that all processes needed for patient services are initiated.
- Communicates effectively with team members and patients all aspects of service.
- Responsible for telephone and mail contact with patients.
- Responsible for the scheduling of appointments, fee collection, explanation of services and charges for patient services.
- Distributes materials to patients, including the patient satisfaction cards, patient rights and other appropriate materials.
- Verifies all insurance and sets fees based on the sliding scale fee.
Minimum Education Requirement: High School diploma/ GED with Medical Assistant Training Certificate
Preferred Education Requirement: Associate's degree with Medical Assistant Training Certificate
Minimum Related Work Experience: 1 year
We are a network of 40 community and migrant health centers located in Peekskill, Beacon, Poughkeepsie, Amenia, Dover Plains, Kingston, Hudson, Middletown, New Paltz, Goshen, Greenport, Haverstraw, Spring Valley, Nyack, Monticello, Walden and Yonkers, Amityville, Southampton, Wyandanch, Shirley, Patchogue, Coram, Huntington, Brentwood, Riverhead. and the five boroughs. Annually, we serve over 185,000 patients and over 500,000 encounters.
We offer a competitive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, Life and AD&D insurance, ongoing training opportunities and a wellness program.
Interested candidates please submit your resume.