Hudson River Healthcare provides the highest quality comprehensive primary, preventive, and behavioral health services to all who seek it, regardless of insurance status and ability to pay, especially for the underserved and vulnerable. Hudson River Health Center (“HRHCare”) a Federally Qualified, Non-For-Profit Health Center serving communities in Suffolk County. HRHCare is currently seeking the following healthcare professional to join our team in Brentwood. We currently have the need for a per diem Certified Nurse Midwife, Physician Assistant or Women's Health Nurse Practitioner.
Under supervision of physician, the this position will be responsible responsible for planning, evaluating, and delivering the health care of patients on assigned service, emphasizing preventative health measures and education of patient; and other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Takes histories, performs physical examinations, prescribes treatment and medication for conditions falling in the scope of his/her specialty
- Designs and participates in quality assurance activities, including Medical Record Peer Review, performance and procedure audits, outcome audits and focused reviews
- Provides supervision for clinical activities of nursing personnel in his/her department, including but not limited to review of protocols, telephone triage and follow-up procedures
- Coordinates test, referrals and care of patients outside the Health Center
- Sets standards for preventative care and diagnostic screening within his/her specialty; participates in the development of programs to carry out these standards
- Follows OSHA standards of infection control under CDC guidelines endorsed by department, organization and overseen by Infection Control Officer
- Provides accurate and legible documentation of care
- Meets annual CMS requirements
- Follows established protocols with a willingness to follow evidenced-based research
- Provides safe and successful performance, including meeting productivity, quality and patient satisfaction standards
Specialized Skills & Knowledge:
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle and travel within the HRHC service site area
- Knowledge of nurse midwifery; competence in procedures appropriate to specialty
- Competence in delivery of healthcare to patients (including preventative health education)
- Ability to collaborate with other members of Hudson River Healthcare in order to maintain high quality standards and achieve client satisfaction
- Possesses the emotional, mental and physical capability to perform duties and shows strong commitment to achieve goals
- Demonstrates initiative, enthusiasm, creativity and good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to organize work effectively, accept and utilize guidance and work cooperatively
- Possesses flexibility, cultural sensitivity and ability to maintain confidentiality
We are a network of 40 community and migrant health centers located in Peekskill, Beacon, Poughkeepsie, Amenia, Dover Plains, Pine Plains, Hudson, Middletown, New Paltz, Goshen, Greenport, Haverstraw, Spring Valley, Nyack, Monticello, Walden and Yonkers, Amityville, Southampton, Wyandanch, Shirley, Patchogue, Coram, Huntington, Brentwood, Riverhead. and the five boroughs. Annually, we serve over 185,000 patients and over 500,000 encounters.
Interested candidates please submit your resume.