Hudson River HealthCare provides the highest quality comprehensive primary, preventive, and behavioral health services to all who seek it, regardless of insurance status and ability to pay, especially for the underserved and vulnerable. Hudson River Health Center (“HRHCare”) a Federally Qualified, Non-For-Profit Health Center serving communities in Suffolk County. HRHCare is currently seeking the following healthcare professionals to join our team in Southampton. We currently have the need for a Full-time Nurse Manager.
A Nurse Manager renders professional nursing care to patients, within an assigned unit or authorized community health center site, in support of medical care as directed by the medical staff and pursuant to the objectives and policies of the Hudson River Community Health, participates in the interview process, make hiring decisions, train staff on policies and procedures, conduct performance reviews, and follow progressive discipline guidelines as needed and is responsible for conducting monthly quality health standard audits of assigned units. Performs other duties as assigned on as needed basis.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities:
- Provide patient education according to patient’s needs and preferences and document in medical record
- Attend mandated training and demonstrate competence on all nursing procedures, including relevant lab procedures
- Manage/lead the clinical staff (nurses, medical and clinical assistants, laboratory staff, and, and Patient Navigators), including but not limited to recruitment and hiring, performance reviews, onboarding, training and competencies, assignments, and work flow
- Ensure that all clinical staff (nurses, medical and clinical assistants, laboratory staff, and, and Patient Navigators) adhere to and understand the work flows, documentation requirements in EHR according to HRHCARE quality standards
- Review all site quality data monthly and identify, lead and develop strategies for improvement in collaboration with the site leadership team, to promote quality, safety and patient satisfaction
- Ensure that site champions are identified for the core quality initiatives and core systems including workflow and documentation are understood and executed.
- Ensure that HRHCare standard procedures and work flows are implemented and followed, including but not limited to: medication management, pre-visit planning, team huddles, accurate and timely completion of Nursing Quality Logs, exam room readiness, ordering and storing of supplies and equipment
- Responsible for oversight of laboratory operations and continuous review of In-House Lab Tests Quality Control and Maintenance Logs
- Ensure that the quality of care is assessed and improved through regular record audits
- In collaboration with the rest of the site leadership team, develop and lead initiatives to promote and improve quality, safety and patient satisfaction
- Participate in monthly leadership and staff meetings
- Demonstrate knowledge of decontamination and sterilization processes, and perform regular review of D & S Processing and Maintenance Logs (note: in sites with dental services, dentist performs more intensive review of logs, but NM needs to be familiar with and shares responsibility for compliance with standards)
- Conduct monthly component meetings with all clinical support team and review the priority issues of the organization including quality, safety and patient satisfaction including any organizational updates or initiatives
- Complete annual evaluations of clinical support team
- Monitor and facilitate patient follow-up as needed, including test results and missed appointments.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span, and provide age- appropriate and culturally sensitive care, including use of medical interpreters as indicated
- Perform direct patient care duties of an RN: interview patients for health history, prepare equipment and assist practitioner during examination and treatment of patients, document in patient’s medical record according to HRHCare standard, assess and triage patients as needed
Minimum Education Requirement: Associate’s Degree and one year of experience in acute care setting
Preferred Education Requirement: Bachelor’s Degree
Minimum Work Related Experience: 1-3 years
Minimum Licensure Requirement: Licensed Registered Nurse – NYS; CPR Certification; Infection Control Certification
We are a network of 40 community and migrant health centers located in Peekskill, Beacon, Poughkeepsie, Amenia, Dover Plains, Pine Plains, Hudson, Middletown, New Paltz, Goshen, Greenport, Haverstraw, Spring Valley, Nyack, Monticello, Walden and Yonkers, Amityville, Southampton, Wyandanch, Shirley, Patchogue, Coram, Huntington, Brentwood, Riverhead and the five boroughs. Annually, we serve over 185,000 patients and over 500,000 encounters.
We offer a competitive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, Life and AD&D insurance, ongoing training opportunities and a wellness program.
Interested candidates please submit your resume.