Field Application Scientist (Italy)
MGI Tech Co., Ltd. (MGI), a subsidiary of BGI Group, is committed to enabling effective and affordable healthcare solutions for all. Based on its proprietary technology, MGI produces sequencing devices, equipment, consumables and reagents to support life science research, medicine and healthcare.
MGI’s multi-omics platforms include genetic sequencing, mass spectrometry and medical imaging. Providing real-time, comprehensive, life-long solutions, its mission is to develop and promote advanced life science tools for future healthcare.
We are looking for experienced FAS to provide in-field post-sales support. This role involves providing MGI's customers with technical training and support on instrument operation, sample preparation, and data analysis. The FAS will be primary technical field contact for MGI customers in Spain. This position will provide applications support (consultation, troubleshooting, customer training) to MGI's customers in assigned territory and collaborate across sales/marketing teams to develop, implement and manage business strategy. This position is based in Italy.
- Coordinate and conduct customer training for MGI products and applications.
- Troubleshoot issues related to experimental design, data processing, software operation, sample preparation and chemical reaction. Perform preliminary on-site failure analysis to identify root cause and feedback to corresponding company department or personnel.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with customers
- Support sales efforts through technical presentations, customer management or organizing seminar.
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of current Commercial initiatives and strategies; maintain close collaboration with Commercial team to act on current initiatives and opportunities. Maintain proficiency in all product lines, instruments as well as applications from competitors and keep up with latest advancements in the field of NGS.
- Direct interaction with MGI product end-users and channel partners. Direct interaction with Product Support group, consisting of Product Management, Market Development Specialists, and Field Service Engineers. Maintain close relationship with globally-based FAS colleagues, with the intent to promote collaboration, sharing of best-practices, learning, and overall communication
- Ownership of content/program creation and facilitation of field-based product line demonstrations and trainings, troubleshoot when needed.
- Creation of reports at the completion of field travel to document visit outcome. Act as voice of the customer and provide product feedback to departments such as Product Support, R&D, and Marketing
- Own and create content/program for technical workshops/training as directed by leadership. Represent the MGI business through participation at various global NGS related tradeshows/conferences as requested by Marketing team.
- Serve as Product Support core team member for all products. Provide feedback and direct involvement in the creation and maintenance of product documentation such as, product inserts and instructions-for-use, from the perspective of ensuring a positive customer experience
- Act as a key contributor of customer feedback to marketing and product development teams
- Proactively share experience, knowledge and skills to peers and help to build an organization with strong professionalism. Coach and mentor new hires as needed.
- Master degree or above in Genetics, Molecular Biology or Bioinformatics or related subject. With NGS academic training or background or work experience preferred. Undergraduate with outstanding knowledge and skills is welcomed as well.
- Willingness to travel mainly within the appointed region. For training or occasional special calls, international traveling including China is required.
- Prior field experience supporting customers in a highly technical field preferred.
- Outstanding problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated English written and verbal communication and training/presentation skills.
- Excellent learning ability. Experience working in an international company and biomedical instrumentation or technology preferred.
- Must be and willing to travel, >50% time.
Complete Genomics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website, employees or Human Resources.
Complete Genomics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Complete Genomics and will be processed accordingly without fee.
Complete Genomics has the sole discretion to determine with whom we will enter into a contract. If you wish to work with Complete Genomics, please contact the Human Resources department at email@example.com.
Complete Genomics provides equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, disability, veteran or uniformed service status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.