Environmental Internship - 2020
About Cleveland-Cliffs Inc.
Founded in 1847, Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is the largest and oldest independent iron ore mining company in the United States. We are a major supplier of iron ore pellets to the North American steel industry from our mines and pellet plants located in Michigan and Minnesota. By 2020, Cliffs expects to be the sole producer of hot briquetted iron (HBI) in the Great Lakes region with the development of its first production plant in Toledo, OH. Driven by the core values of safety, social, environmental and capital stewardship, our employees endeavor to provide all stakeholders with operating and financial transparency. For more information, visit http://www.clevelandcliffs.com
Thank you for your interest in exploring a career opportunity with Cleveland-Cliffs. Our Career site is updated daily with new opportunities, so please check back often.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is a leading mining and natural resources company. Founded in 1847, we are recognized as the largest and oldest independent iron ore mining company in the United States. We are a major supplier of iron ore pellets to the North American steel industry from our mines and pellet plants located in Michigan and Minnesota.
We are located in areas filled with lakes, rivers, and state parks; with very reasonably priced homes; good schools; and lots of outdoor recreation opportunities including golf, downhill and cross country skiing, snowmobiling, ATV riding, biking, hiking, camping, hunting, fishing, etc.
Our Northshore Mining site in Silver Bay, MN recently completed a $100 million expansion, and is now the only U.S. based iron ore processing facility to produce low silica DR-grade pellets, feedstock inventory for Cliffs’ Hot Briquetted Iron Plant in Toledo, OH, which will be commissioned in mid-2020.
Driven by the core values of safety, social, environmental and capital stewardship, our employees endeavor to provide all stakeholders with operating and financial transparency.
Site Locations :
Each of our sites, along with our Cliffs Technical Group, offers a variety of internship opportunities.. Our current site locations include:
Support the Environmental department and complete several special projects and initiatives.
Sample Past Projects :
· Assist in the development of short and long-range plans, budgets and targets of performance for environmental programs
· Prepare Requests for Quotes, evaluate quotes and direct and coordinate the work of environmental consultants and various contractors
· May communicate with county, state and federal environmental agencies, including obtaining data and conducting sampling, writing and submitting reports
· Conduct environmental field inspections of entire property on a regular basis
· Participate in environmental inspections of property by governmental agencies
· Develop and facilitate environmental training programs for all employees
· Act as a company representative for environmental activities off-property including participation on environmental committees and proactive involvement with state and federal regulatory agencies
· Promote and participate in quality and safety/loss control programs to ensure that environmental responsibility is present at all levels throughout the company
· Seek ways to go beyond compliance to environmental regulations and to reduce company costs associated with the environment
· Participate in weekly Environmental team meetings and conference calls
· Present project updates and results to site leadership and Environmental staff
· Other responsibilities as requested by site and Corporate Environmental staff
Education Requirements: Candidate must be enrolled in an accredited school or university and currently pursuing a degree in Environmental Studies, Environmental Engineering, or other related degree.
Experience Requirements : No previous experience required, previous internship experience preferred
Competency Requirements :
· Ability to work in various environments – rain, heat, humidity, etc.
· Strong writing skills
· Strong interpersonal communication skills
· Well-developed, superb organizational skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook
· Able to multi-task and set proper priorities
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results