About Cleveland-Cliffs Inc.
Founded in 1847, Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is the largest and oldest independent iron ore mining company in the United States. We are a major supplier of iron ore pellets to the North American steel industry from our mines and pellet plants located in Michigan and Minnesota. By 2020, Cliffs expects to be the sole producer of hot briquetted iron (HBI) in the Great Lakes region with the development of its first production plant in Toledo, OH. Driven by the core values of safety, social, environmental and capital stewardship, our employees endeavor to provide all stakeholders with operating and financial transparency. For more information, visit http://www.clevelandcliffs.com
Thank you for your interest in exploring a career opportunity with Cleveland-Cliffs. Our Career site is updated daily with new opportunities, so please check back often.
The Electrical Planner is responsible for driving the planning process for all electrical work in support of Toledo HBI Operations. This role plans jobs including task instructions, precautions, replacement parts, specialty tools/equipment and manpower requirements to complete identified work. This role interacts as a liaison among scheduling, operations, maintenance, engineering, and contractors related to the development of the weekly, monthly, and long-range work packages
Specific Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Responsible for developing the hierarchy for equipment and equipment components.
- Create/Edit Standard Jobs (SJ’s). Include content, sequence, timing, and outcome so that work can be executed safely and efficiently.
- Scope new work orders in the field to identify required manpower, parts, tools, supplies, equipment, and procedures. Identify special instructions or safety items that should be factored into the work.
- Create and update application part lists (APLs) as required and enter purchase requisitions for all parts required for the job. Work with Purchasing and Warehousing to make sure delivery timelines and priorities are clear.
- Enter (Material Management Application) MMAs into the system for any item that will need to be ordered on a regular basis. Add these stock codes to the correct APLs and communicate with relevant roles the addition of the new stock codes for future reference.
- Make sure all parts, tools, and supplies are staged and ready to go at the work site prior to the work beginning and all equipment is available and ready for use.
- Help receive equipment as required.
- Review unplanned work order backlog and priority on a daily basis to assess new work. Plan work accordingly.
- Ready work orders for scheduling and liaise with Scheduler, Supervisors, and Warehouse as to timing of execution.
- Work with Purchasing to develop contractor scope of work (SOW) documents in relation to third party maintenance services. Perform contractor bid walks of job site.
- Review and recommend changes to SJs to make sure all work procedures, durations, and labor requirements are clearly defined and accurate considering historical information.
- Communicate with the Scheduler to make sure that the scope and content of the work is clearly understood for correct scheduling.
- Work with Supervisor(s) to answer questions regarding the scope of work and job procedures so that work can be efficiently executed.
- Review closed work orders for information regarding execution of the work and quality of the plans in order to update Standard Work and APLs. Give feedback to Supervisor(s) regarding comments on closed work orders in order to streamline the process.
- Participate in After Action Reviews (AAR) of the work planned to gather feedback on the quality of the plans especially as it relates to scope of work, parts, tools, staging, and job procedures. Update APLs and Standard Jobs to improve execution of work in the future.
- Communicate issues regarding the correct closing, coding, updating, and adding of comments to Work Orders.
- Track component hours to ensure work is planned and parts available as well any ancillary work achievable with equipment idle is planned.
- In combination with the Scheduler and Maintenance Manager prepare forecasts to accurately budget for maintenance work.
- Work with Electrical and Electrical & Controls Engineers on any new projects that need planning support. Communicate regularly with these roles to make sure any work is correctly initiated in the system.
- Act in a front line Supervisory role as required ie. Major shutdowns.
- Associates Degree or 2-year technical school degree/certification. May consider equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years skilled trades work experience in heavy industrial environment.
- Strong mechanical/electrical aptitude.
- Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) experience; Ellipse preferred.
- Microsoft Office experience (Excel, Word, etc.).
- Project Management Software (MS Project, Primavera, etc.).
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and effectively manage multiple/changing priorities.
- Ability to read and understand Process & Instrumentation Drawings (P&IDs), Control Logic Diagrams, Interconnection Drawings, Device Location Drawings and Hook-up/Field Device Details Drawings.
- Ability to interpret maintenance manuals.
- Ability to read and understand NFPA 70/70E requirements.
- Effectively communicate both orally and through written text.
- Can be sedentary for long periods of time
- Occasionally lifting up to 25lbs
- Mobility required. Must be able to handle stairs and long periods work on your feet
- Routinely exposed to plant environment including noise, dust, dirt and vibrations