The Celestar Corporation has been issued a task order to identify multiple Excel/IT Specialists I in support of the Department of Commerce in Washington, DC. If interested and qualified, we welcome you to apply for this challenging opportunity.
Job Title: Excel/IT Specialist I
SECURITY CLEARANCE: The position requires a Secret security clearance
Location: Washington, DC
Celestar, a Veteran Owned Company is Very Competitive with Salaries and Benefits. As an example, we offer Company Paid Benefits that include Employee and Family Dental Insurance, Employ Health Insurance, Life Insurance and Disability Insurance as well. We also offer a 401K retirement company match, paid Holidays and Personal Time off.
- Work within the administrative offices as a resource to develop tracking excel spreadsheets with advanced capabilities of compiling data, manipulations of the data, formula functions and standard reports using graphics.
- Provide support by producing tools to collect, track, measure, and report performance contribution data towards strategic goals and objectives; specifically, tools produced for this office will enhance internal tasks performed to report
- Design, develop and create Excel-based tools that performs as: (1) Interactive forms and templates for quarterly and annual data collection from the program offices; (2) worksheets designed to measure and/or evaluate the status and trend of performance indicators based on actuals versus targets; (3) a database tracking repository with the ability to produce standard reports that capture up to 7 years of performance metrics in addition to Interactive dashboards and At-a-glances
- One (1) to four (4) years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Proficient in 2011-2016 Microsoft suite products including Excel, Word, Access, and Visio
- Strong proficiency in creating databases/excel driven tracking tables
- Prior experience in related fields such as Risk, Compliance or Budget Financial Services or similarly regulated sector with background in Compliance and/or Operational Risk
- Advanced proficiency in particular in excel functions but not limited to: Splicers and Dashboards, Forms & Templates, Macros, Data Model for Power Pivots and Queries, V-Lookup, Advanced formulas, Advanced Charting, Pivot tables, Data collection and reporting with graphics, SUMIF/SUMIFS, COUNTIF/COUNTIFS, Data tables, Simulation & Solver, Data Filters, Data Sorting, Cell Formatting, Data validation, Excel shortcut keys, Workbook, Managing Page Layout and Charts & its Analysis
- Exhibits a willingness to learn and support users with a positive attitude
- Support excel needs of the staff
- Ability to manage tasks
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both written and orally as to communicate with customers and associates
- Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities as to use time efficiently
- Must be organized, accurate, thorough and able to monitor work for quality
- Must be dependable, able to follow instructions, respond to management direction and must be able to improve performance through management feedback
Location and hours:
- Washington, DC - Normal Business Hours
Anticipated Start Date/Period of Performance:
- August 2020
- One (1) Year from the Date of Assignment with the potential for two (2) follow-on Option Years.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This is a Best Athlete Selection Process! With this in mind, please ensure that the required and/or desired experience is reflected on your resume to receive fair and competitive consideration.
Join a company that truly cares about its employees!
Celestar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, disability status, gender identity or national origin.
__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __
Minimum physical demands for on task positions: Employee needs to be able to sit at a workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Most positions require ability to work on desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time reading, reviewing/analyzing information, and providing recommendations, summaries and/or reports in written format. Must be able to effectively communicate with others verbally and in writing. Employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move moderate amounts of weight, typically less than 20 pounds. Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
Team Members on Task (CONUS only, minimal or no job-related travel):
• Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Office Type Environment with Temperature Control. May be exposed to chemicals related to office equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. General office environment.
Team Members on task (CONUS and OCONUS assignments, some travel):
• Specific vision abilities required by the job may include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Team Members deployed to a combat zone must be physically able to live in austere conditions during off duty time that may include extremes in temperature, noise, and must not have any medical conditions that require access to uninterrupted power sources.
• Team Members deployed to a combat zone will be subject to hazardous conditions which may require them to wear a kevlar helmet, individual body armor and/or wear a gas mask for extended periods of time.
PAY TRANSPARENCY POLICY STATEMENT
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Celestar is an Equal Employment Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to providing equal opportunity for all applicants or employees on the basis of their race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, religion, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you should have difficulty accessing our online application, please call us during normal working hours for immediate assistance @ (813)-627-9069