The Celestar Corporation has a need to identify a FOIA Analyst (JTF) to provide support to the Joint Task Force-GTMO and will be seated at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. If interested and qualified, we welcome you to post for this challenging opportunity.
CLEARANCE/ACCESS: Active Top Secret Level Clearance with SCI Access; Clearance, Access and Investigation must appear in JPAS and be within scope (5 – Years)
- Ensure inquiries received for work performed under this contract will be evaluated under the Freedom of Information Act of 1975, Public Law 93-502, 5 U.S.C. Section 52
- Immediately upon receipt, record receipt of FOIA requests received from the JTF-GTMO J2 FOIA Contact Officer pertaining to releasable intelligence documents involving past and present detainees; record subject, date and time received, and the last name of the person making the record
- Record subject, date and time forwarded, last name of person forwarding the processed request, and the last name of the JTF-GTMO J2 representative receiving the request
- Preparation of FOIA-releasable JTF-GTMO intelligence products while ensuring that classified information is protected in response to FOIA requests
- Provide non-personal support services for Intelligence Data Collection, All-Source Analysis and FOIA Administration
- Within SOUTHCOM assigned suspense date, search for and identify requested documents, compare requested documents to security classification guides and prepare written recommendations on redacting or withholding information based on authorized exemptions
- Submit written recommendations to JTF-GTMO J2 FOIA Contact Officer for review, internal staffing, and approval by the J2 Director within the time frame set forth by JTF-GTMO FOIA contact officer
- Two (2) years of experience working directly with the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) providing intelligence and FOIA services or a minimum of two (2) years’ experience working with intelligence data collection associated with terrorism and FOIA services similar in size and scope of the requirements
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office software applications (MSWord, Excel, Access, PowerPoint),and Outlook.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Valid US Passport
- Resumes: Shall include, but is not limited to, the individual’s specific experience as it relates to the tasks and required qualifications, the specific responsibilities, accomplishments, dates of involvement for each project supported, identification of all formal education (e.g., college, training courses, military etc.), the dates attended, and degrees or certifications earned during each experience reference accordingly; a copy of degrees and/or certifications shall be attached immediately following the Senior FOIA Analyst’s resume
IMPORTANT NOTE: This is a Best Athlete Selection Process! Please ensure that the required and/or desired experience is reflected on your resume to receive fair and competitive consideration.
Come onboard with a company that Values its Employees!
Celestar, a Veteran Owned Company, is Very Competitive with Salaries and Benefits. As an example, we offer Company Paid Benefits that include Employee and Family Dental Insurance, Employee Health Insurance. We also offer a 401k retirement company match, paid Holidays and Personal Time Off.
Celestar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, disability status, gender identity or national origin.
__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __
Minimum physical demands for on task positions: Employee needs to be able to sit at a workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Most positions require ability to work on desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time reading, reviewing/analyzing information, and providing recommendations, summaries and/or reports in written format. Must be able to effectively communicate with others verbally and in writing. Employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move moderate amounts of weight, typically less than 20 pounds. Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
Team Members on Task (CONUS only, minimal or no job-related travel):
• Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Office Type Environment with Temperature Control. May be exposed to chemicals related to office equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. General office environment.
Team Members on task (CONUS and OCONUS assignments, some travel):
• Specific vision abilities required by the job may include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Team Members deployed to a combat zone must be physically able to live in austere conditions during off duty time that may include extremes in temperature, noise, and must not have any medical conditions that require access to uninterrupted power sources.
• Team Members deployed to a combat zone will be subject to hazardous conditions which may require them to wear a kevlar helmet, individual body armor and/or wear a gas mask for extended periods of time.
PAY TRANSPARENCY POLICY STATEMENT
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Celestar is an Equal Employment Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to providing equal opportunity for all applicants or employees on the basis of their race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, religion, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you should have difficulty accessing our online application, please call us during normal working hours for immediate assistance @ (813)-627-9069