Celestar Corporation has an IMMEDIATE NEED to identify multiple Open Source Analyst – Mid Level to support the DIA UFAC, Washington, DC. If interested and qualified, we welcome you to apply for this challenging opportunity.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: Active Top-Secret Level Clearance with SCI Access; CI Polygraph within 5 years or must be willing to complete upon selection. Clearance, Access and Investigation must appear in JPAS and be within scope (5 – Years)
ANTICIPATED AWARD DATE: August/September 2019
ANTICIPATED START DATE: September/October 2019
PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE: 1 Base Year + 4 Option Years
LOCATION: Bolling AFB, Washington, DC
- Conduct all-source analytic production on sources and products of information available from public, private, and U.S. and foreign Government open source materials within established security protocols
- Analyze foreign and domestic-based publicly available information to identify trends, patterns, and relationships that provide unique insights to address defense intelligence requirements
- Provide research of multi-lingual general media (newspapers, wire services etc.) regional media and reports (English and non-English), data from websites, electronic databases (free and subscription, interviews, company, company reports (conference pamphlets, annual reports, etc), Government documents (testimony, reports, commission studies, etc.) scientific literature, and declassified and/or leaked information gaps in collection strategies, or predict areas of information that enhance the UFAC collection cycle
- Tailor support packages too UFAC’s distinct information needs, based on collection strategies and Requests for Information (RFI), and brief their analytic results
- Provide briefings, documents and informational materials for visitors, new analysts, and for conferences.
- Ensure all end products are in accordance with DI/UFC policies, procedures, and SOPs
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability to apply Intelligence Community (IC) and DoD classification guidelines and procedures
- Work semi-independently with oversight and direction
- Ability to use logic when evaluating and synthesizing multiple sources of information
- Understanding of interpreting analysis to include, but not limited to, its meaning, importance, and implications
- Defend analytic judgements with sound, logical conclusions and adapt analytic judgments when presented with new information, evolving conditions, or unexpected developments
- Produce timely, logical, and concise analytic reports, documents, assessments, studies, and briefing materials in formats including Microsoft Office tools (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.), electronic / soft copy matrices and / or web-enabled formats
- Communicate complex issues clearly in a concise and organized manner both verbally and non-verbally; with strong grammar skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office tools
- Develop structured research including, but not limited to, obtaining, evaluating, organizing, and maintaining information within security and data protocols
- Recognize nuances and resolve contradictions and inconsistencies in information
- Working knowledge using complex analytic methodologies, such as structured analytic techniques or alternative approaches, to examine biases, assumptions, and theories to eliminate uncertainty, strengthen analytic arguments, and mitigate surprise
- Structure analytic techniques include, but not limited to, Analysis of Competing Hypotheses, Devil’s Advocacy, High-Impact / Low-Impact Analysis, Red Team Analysis and Alternative Futures Analysis
- Understanding of intelligence collection capabilities and limitations, to include but not limited to, technical sensors / platforms and human intelligence sources related to the labor category
- Understanding of evaluating collected intelligence reporting, engaging with collection managers, and developing collection requirements
- Communicate understanding from information that may be incomplete, indirect, highly complex, seemingly unrelated, and / or technically advanced
- Structure analysis based on trends in reporting and a range of analytic perspectives from other analysts, organizations, and intelligence disciplines
- Collaborate and work with other IC members on information sharing, driving collection, and addressing analytic disputes and conflict resolution
- Develop concise, insightful, and comprehensive products for defense intelligence
- Lead teams in researching multifaceted or critical problems
- Provide guidance in selecting, designing, and applying analytic methodologies.
- Use argument evaluation and validated analytic methodologies to challenge differing perspectives
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Eight (8) years of experience conducting analysis relevant to the specific labor category with at least a portion of the experience within the last two (2) years
- Bachelor’s degree in an area related to the labor category from a college or university accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education
IMPORTANT NOTE: This is a Best Athlete Selection Process! Please ensure that the required and/or desired experience is reflected on your resume to receive fair and competitive consideration.
Come onboard with a company that Values its Employees!
Celestar, a Veteran Owned Company, is Very Competitive with Salaries and Benefits. As an example, we offer Company Paid Benefits that include Employee and Family Dental Insurance, Employee Health Insurance, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability Insurance. We also offer a 401k retirement company match, paid Holidays and Personal Time Off!
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran
__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __
Minimum physical demands for on task positions: Employee needs to be able to sit at a workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Most positions require ability to work on desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time reading, reviewing/analyzing information, and providing recommendations, summaries and/or reports in written format. Must be able to effectively communicate with others verbally and in writing. Employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move moderate amounts of weight, typically less than 20 pounds. Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
Team Members on Task (CONUS only, minimal or no job-related travel):
• Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Office Type Environment with Temperature Control. May be exposed to chemicals related to office equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. General office environment.
Team Members on task (CONUS and OCONUS assignments, some travel):
• Specific vision abilities required by the job may include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Team Members deployed to a combat zone must be physically able to live in austere conditions during off duty time that may include extremes in temperature, noise, and must not have any medical conditions that require access to uninterrupted power sources.
• Team Members deployed to a combat zone will be subject to hazardous conditions which may require them to wear a kevlar helmet, individual body armor and/or wear a gas mask for extended periods of time.
PAY TRANSPARENCY POLICY STATEMENT
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Celestar is an Equal Employment Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to providing equal opportunity for all applicants or employees on the basis of their race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, religion, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you should have difficulty accessing our online application, please call us during normal working hours for immediate assistance @ (813)-627-9069