The Celestar Corporation is looking to identify a Detention FOIA Operations Support Analyst who will be seated in Doral, Florida. Please review the position description below. If interested and qualified, we welcome you to post for this challenging opportunity.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: Active Top Secret Level Clearance with SCI Access; Clearance, Access and Investigation must appear in JPAS and be within scope (5 – Years)
FOIA ADMINISTRATION SUPPORT
Prepare FOIA-releasable intelligence and other information products derived from the Command's detention operations database and other sources, while ensuring that classified information is protected in response to FOIA requests.
The Select Candidate will:
- Immediately upon receipt, record FOIA requests received from the USSOUTHCOM Staff Judge Advocate or the USSOUTHCOM FOIA Contact Officer pertaining to releasable intelligence documents involving past and present detainees; record subject, date and time received, and the last name of the person making the record.
- Within the assigned suspense date, search for and identify requested documents, compare requested documents to security classification guides, and prepare written recommendations on redacting or withholding information based on authorized exemptions.
- Submit written recommendations to USSOUTHCOM FOIA Contact Officer for review, internal staffing, and approval by the J334 Deputy Branch Chief within the time frame set forth by USSOUTHCOM FOIA contact officer; record subject, date and time forwarded, last name of person forwarding the processed request, and the last name of the USSOUTHCOM FOIA representative receiving the request.
OPERATIONS ADMINISTRATION SUPPORT
Draft documents used to program and schedule planning events, conferences, meeting’s and while requesting and scheduling the technical support integral to enabling these events. Drafts reports used to capture dialogue during scheduled an unscheduled detention operations meetings, conferences, planning sessions or working groups that include detailed summary highlighting significant actions, decisions, and suspense for actions. The select candidate will coordinate access for detention operations-focused visitors program.
The Select Candidate will:
- Assist the government lead to program and schedule planning events, conferences, meetings which includes requesting and scheduling the technical support such as video teleconferencing integral to enabling these events.
- Schedule events though the Command's technical support services help desk, with points of contact and specific instructions provided in the J334 Detention Operations SOP and Checklist; draft documents used to track these planning events - store and access them within the Command's database.
- Draft reports used to capture dialogue during scheduled and unscheduled detention operations meetings, conferences, planning sessions or working groups that include detailed summary highlighting significant actions, decisions, and suspense for actions.
- Coordinate access for detention operations-focused visitors to HQ USSOUTHCOM by drafting a concept paper, scheduling logistics support, and by informing key USSOUTHCOM staff personnel.
- Coordinate access to JTF-GTMO detention operations for all foreign visitors upon their request or through the request of their designated sponsor by submitting information specified in the J334 Detention Operations SOP and Checklist for review within the USSOUTHCOM; submit results of staff review immediately upon receipt to the government lead and draft the appropriate response to visitor or visitor's sponsor; disseminate upon approval.
- At a minimum, must possess a High School Diploma with 4 to 6 years direct FOIA and Operations Administrative Support experience in a military environment
- Strong organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously
- Demonstrated expert level of interpersonal skills sufficient to communicate effectively, convince, influence, advice, and respond to questions from DoD leadership, including senior decision makers
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft office software applications (MSWord, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), and Outlook.
- Must have a Current U.S. Issued Passport
- Top Secret Level Clearance with SCI Access; Clearance, Access and Investigation must appear in JPAS and be within scope (5 – Years)
IMPORTANT NOTE: This is a Best Athlete Selection Process! Please ensure that the required and/or desired experience is reflected on your resume to receive fair and competitive consideration.
Come onboard with a company that Values its Employees!
Celestar, a Veteran Owned Company, is Very Competitive with Salaries and Benefits. As an example, we offer Company Paid Benefits that include Employee and Family Dental Insurance, Employee Health Insurance, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability Insurance. We also offer a 401k retirement company match, paid Holidays and Personal Time Off.
__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __
Minimum physical demands for on task positions: Employee needs to be able to sit at a workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Most positions require ability to work on desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time reading, reviewing/analyzing information, and providing recommendations, summaries and/or reports in written format. Must be able to effectively communicate with others verbally and in writing. Employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move moderate amounts of weight, typically less than 20 pounds. Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
Team Members on Task (CONUS only, minimal or no job-related travel):
• Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Office Type Environment with Temperature Control. May be exposed to chemicals related to office equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. General office environment.
Team Members on task (CONUS and OCONUS assignments, some travel):
• Specific vision abilities required by the job may include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Team Members deployed to a combat zone must be physically able to live in austere conditions during off duty time that may include extremes in temperature, noise, and must not have any medical conditions that require access to uninterrupted power sources.
• Team Members deployed to a combat zone will be subject to hazardous conditions which may require them to wear a kevlar helmet, individual body armor and/or wear a gas mask for extended periods of time.
PAY TRANSPARENCY POLICY STATEMENT
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Celestar is an Equal Employment Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to providing equal opportunity for all applicants or employees on the basis of their race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, religion, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you should have difficulty accessing our online application, please call us during normal working hours for immediate assistance @ (813)-627-9069