The Celestar Corporation has an IMMEDIATE NEED to identify multiple Database Managers who will be seated in the DC Metro area. Please review the position description below. If interested and qualified, we welcome you to apply for this challenging opportunity.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: Active Top Secret Level Clearance with SCI Access and Polygraph; Clearance, Access, Polygraph and Investigation must appear in JPAS and be within scope (5 –Years)
ANTICIPATED AWARD DATE: It's Been Awarded!
ANTICIPATED START DATE: December 2018
- Conduct database design and maintenance for Operations Support Officer (OSO) products. Databases will be in Microsoft Access and/or SQL Server, or other similar product.
- Maintain and potentially modify production database(s) which track production of OSO products and allow for review and analysis of production metrics. Reviews and analyzes production metrics.
- Design, administer, and evaluate survey instruments designed to measure key aspects of DO Offices’ performance. Produces reports as a result of this performance measurement.
- Apply qualitative research methods to gain in-depth understanding of the requirements of internal and external customers and their utilization of products. Produces reports analyzing this activity.
- Data-mine and analyze open source information in support of OSO-related taskings.
- Design, implement, and maintain user interfaces for databases, differentiating by users’ supported customers and/or assigned offices/branches.
- Conduct statistical analysis to determine the relationship between customer acceptance of products and the demographic, linguistic, and other characteristics of the customer. Produces reports outlining these customer characteristics.
- Track products to ensure they meet DO Offices’ production goals.
- Be responsible for identifying, collecting, and analyzing key performance indicators and producing customer reports on the overall health of DO OSO production for internal and external customers.
- Maintain and potentially modify SharePoint portals utilized by Operational Support elements.
- Produce metrics, metrics analysis, and related reports as a result of above tasks.
- Report products produced above in the Monthly Report.
- Brief products produced in the above tasks at meetings, workshops, or other community venues for the purposes of intelligence sharing and best practices.
- Edit products, if requested as the Government Technical Manager may identify need for corrective action and/or revision of products submitted.
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Qualitative and Quantitative Research Methods, Operations Research or Program and Project Evaluation
- Must be a Certified Data Base Administrator (DBA)
- Must have the technical skills, knowledge, and experience to accomplish the work outlined in the responsibilities section above
- Have at least Two (2) Years’ experience operating and maintaining Sharepoint.
- Have at least Two (2) Years’ experience programming, operating, and maintaining databases (e.g. SQL Server and/or Microsoft Access)
- Have at least Two (2) Years’ experience applying quantitative and qualitative research methods, including data mining and analysis
- Have experience in MS Technologies such as vb.net
- Have demonstrated the ability to: 1) effectively communicate verbally and in writing in English, 2) clearly and concisely express multifaceted concepts, and 3) develop ideas in a logical sequence leading to a validated conclusion
- Have experience using descriptive and multivariate statistical procedures to analyze quantitative data using Spotfire, SPSS and/or Excel
- Possess the ability to articulate descriptive and inferential statistics in a format suitable for non-technical audiences through a combination of text and visualizations
IMPORTANT NOTE: This is a Best Athlete Selection Process! Please ensure that the required and/or desired experience is reflected on your resume to receive fair and competitive consideration.
Come onboard with a company that Values its Employees!
Celestar, a Veteran Owned Company, is Very Competitive with Salaries and Benefits. As an example, we offer Company Paid Benefits that include Employee and Family Dental Insurance and Employee Health Insurance. We also offer a 401k retirement company match, paid Holidays and Personal Time Off!
__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __
Minimum physical demands for on task positions: Employee needs to be able to sit at a workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Most positions require ability to work on desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time reading, reviewing/analyzing information, and providing recommendations, summaries and/or reports in written format. Must be able to effectively communicate with others verbally and in writing. Employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move moderate amounts of weight, typically less than 20 pounds. Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
Team Members on Task (CONUS only, minimal or no job-related travel):
• Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Office Type Environment with Temperature Control. May be exposed to chemicals related to office equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. General office environment.
Team Members on task (CONUS and OCONUS assignments, some travel):
• Specific vision abilities required by the job may include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Team Members deployed to a combat zone must be physically able to live in austere conditions during off duty time that may include extremes in temperature, noise, and must not have any medical conditions that require access to uninterrupted power sources.
• Team Members deployed to a combat zone will be subject to hazardous conditions which may require them to wear a kevlar helmet, individual body armor and/or wear a gas mask for extended periods of time.
PAY TRANSPARENCY POLICY STATEMENT
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Celestar is an Equal Employment Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to providing equal opportunity for all applicants or employees on the basis of their race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, religion, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you should have difficulty accessing our online application, please call us during normal working hours for immediate assistance @ (813)-627-9069